• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Minnesota!

CharlieTriBoy

Hi,

We are the proud owners of Charlie, our Tri-colored Cavalier. He is 8 months old and is the sweetest little guy ever. We live in Minnesota and it’s pretty cold and snowy here right now. We live on 1-1/2 wooded acres and Charlie loves to run all over the place. We always keep close by because, as you all know, he can get a little distracted by anything and everything. We are in the training stages now; potty training, sit/stay/ come, etc., etc., and we need to do a lot more work on all of it. I’ve had dogs off and on my whole life but this is the sweetest, nicest dog I have ever had. I did a lot of reading before I decided on a Cavalier and everything I had read about them was right on. His dog trainer at puppy school thinks that he would make a great therapy dog one day.

I am glad we joined this Forum to ask questions and learn more about this special breed of dog.

Thank you.

icon_welcome
Glad you found the forum too! Charlie sounds like a typical and lovable cavalier. Now that you've introduced yourselves, I think you now need to post photos! :snap:

i am from minnesota too, andover! I am bringing home my first cavalier puppy next week and he is tri colored as well and 8 weeks old! Not excited about the potty training in this weather!

i am from minnesota too, andover! I am bringing home my first cavalier puppy next week and he is tri colored as well and 8 weeks old! Not excited about the potty training in this weather!

Oh how fun and exciting. Have you had Cavaliers before? Charlie is my first Cavalier and I just love, love, love him. He is so sweet. What name did you choose?

Maybe the weather will be a little warmer next week. Maybe get him a little sweater...

Good Luck!

I have not but they have been my dream breed for about ten years now so I am pretty excited! Yes I hope it stays like it was today but am sure it will get colder! A sweater is a good idea, I will have to find him a cute one, his name is Harley

Hi, When we got our first Cavalier it was during January and it was a wicked cold January that year. We live in eastern Iowa and I think the high the day we brought him home was 0 deg. The first time I took the poor little guy outside to potty all he would do was stand on my feet. We ended up buying those absorbent potty pads that lay on the floor. He caught on quickly. We also used lots of newspapers. When the weather finally warmed up, we just started moving the absorbent pads towards the door each day and finally outside. Worked out pretty good.

Enjoy your new puppy!!!

Back