• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello and glad to be here!

So happy to have found this group! I'm a first time dog owner, so I'll have lots of questions along the way. My husband had goldens growing up, but my kids and I both fell in love with "King Charles Samuels" - as my son used to call them :) We got Winnie from a breeder when she was 10 months old. He was "holding" her for an older couple until the wife found out she had cancer, and they decided against getting a dog. I didn't want a really young puppy, so worked out great. She is awesome. My husband says it's "been a breeze" compared to what most puppies are. Only issue is potty training, but looking through a recent thread on this board, I know what I need to do! She's a sweetie and just wants to be loved on. My kids adore her and she's been a great addition to our family. Looking forward to getting lots of good advice and tips on the board as we go along. Thanks!

Welcome! There is always good info to find here. Love the name and would love to see pictures of Winnie!

Hello!!! My son has been known to tell anyone who is talking about dog the complete history of CKCS:rolleyes: Fletcher was my first puppy ever almost 2 years ago. It was work but I know from other people with puppies he was easy. I am really glad you found some good advice on potty training. The folks here KNOW what they are talking about.

Potty accidents are mostly our fault, we allow the pups too much freedom and don't really follow a schedule. Get Winnie on a potty schedule, lots of praise and more good supervision she'll be good to go in no time.

Back