PDA

View Full Version : Coventry Walkathon

Kate H
25th March 2014, 11:06 PM
The annual Coventry Walkathon takes place on Sunday 11 May in the lovely War Memorial Park. I shall again be leading a team to raise funds for Cavalier health research via the Cavalier Matters charity. Last year we raised 660 for the Cavalier Collection Scheme, and I have optimistically raised this year's target to 800. I have a JustGiving page:www.justgiving.com/Cavalier-Matters (http://www.justgiving.com/Cavalier-Matters), which makes your sponsorship very easy.

If you and your Cavalier(s) would like to be part of the team, please contact me (either via a message here, or at kate879@btinternet.com). The Walkathon involves a walk (not a race!) round the park of 1.75 miles on good tarmac paths, and each team member pays an entry fee of 5 (if there are 10 of us, this goes down to 4 each). The event is organised by the local Lions Club, who add an extra 10p to every 1 we raise. The walk starts at 11am and if the weather is kind we have a picnic lunch together afterwards (last year was freezing and we just headed for hot drinks!).

Kate, Oliver and Aled