• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

They're fighting, what to do?

jackdav1973

Hope for help. I am currently pet sitting two 7 yr old tricolor females. Twice Saturday-- once @ feeding time and again when I put the leash on to take them for a walk --they viciously attacked each other. This behavior started a few days before their owner left town, so it's not just my presence @ the home. I called her and she did not know what to do. Any suggestions?

Jack D.

Can you keep them in separate rooms? Feed and walk separately? Not sure what's going on, but, in my opinion, I think the owner should have them vet checked to make sure nothing medical is going on as this seems to be new behavior for them.

I would second Joyce's suggestions. Five years after rescue Aled joined us, I still have to feed him and Oliver separately, otherwise Aled stands over Oliver barking and Oliver puts him firmly in his place. It's obviously a hangover from his puppy farm upbringing, but the only safe thing is to separate them. And a sudden change in behaviour is well worth checking out at the vet's.

Kate,Oliver and Aled

Appreciate the feedback ;) Fortunately, no fighting today, I'm crossing my fingers that it was just an aberration. Have 2 more days of sitting; I will pass your suggestions over to their owner when she gets back.

I would feed them separately, preferably in crates. Over the years we have had some instances of battles, always started over food. So we always feed our dogs in separate crates and pick up the empty food bowels right away.

Back