• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abcess from ----

Super Princess

Started a day after her 2nd birthday.
She peed on my floor..somethign she hasnt done since she was a wee baby (and even then she didnt really pee on the floor very often she's been a smartie pants)
Mum was all 'i hope theres nothing wrong with her...medical wise.'

of course there was.

a Abcess right on her valve.

So a trip to emerg with a worried mama ... $260 later... they gave us a cone..and anitbiotics..then said to make an apointment with our reg vet in a week if no improvement.

no improvement..w.e go to reg vet. he persribes 2 more weeks of anti biotics... no improvement... so we have to do a swab test... swab test reveals that the viral bug inside her is resistant to almost all antiboitcs including hte one shes on.. HOWEVER... by this point...its healing itself...so i make a (Free) apointment to have him check and confirm what im seeing.

he confirms..its healed. hallaluah.

fastforwards two weeks... ITs back again.

another expensive apointment..and we are on antibioitcs the thing isnt supposed to be resistant to..with the next step..being in a weeek if theres no imporvement...surgery. which doctor dosnt want to do because it is such a sensitive area. (And i am BROKE)

our pet insurance..i was paying $89 a month with zero deductible but my budget is SO tight these days that i reduced it to minimum..which is $26 a month and a $1000 deductable.

this intire thing.. GOD FORBID...we have to do surgery...but if we do.. i bet you its going to come to a total of just under the $1000 deductable.

I love her..shes the most important thing..but most of this money is coming from my mom who has already said she has no more. And todays came out of my over draft.
i dont have a over $500 over draft...
so now is the time to start praying the antibiotics kick in.

super stressed.

oh and ...the dog who loves absolutly everyone..is now terrofied of the vet and its office..seh knows what happens there. she HATES the tempature taking (what dog dosnt..but to have it done as often as she is getting it...) she HATES that he hass to flip her upside down on her back to check her abcess..

So sorry you are both going through all this Chelsea. I know what it's like to be broke too, so I'm right with you in this and praying that the abscess will clear up without the need for surgery.

I think that any self respecting super little princess would start to hate the vet when subjected to so many indignities. Perhaps she can be bribed with a treat here and there, given just at the moment when something nasty is being done to her. Might not be too bad with that little bit of help, or are you doing that already.

Back