• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cardio supplements for Barkleigh

Pavane

Haven't been here for a long time. Why? Just having a long and happy time with the greatest dog in the world! Barkleigh will be 8 in a few months and a very mild murmur has progressed to B2.

There is excellent info out there on nutritional supplements but I am interested in what others have found helpful.

Our main vet doesn't use them regularly, but is not opposed. Barkleigh's cardiologist is at the U. of Florida. We also have a wonderful homeopathic vet in our small town. But I am sure she will want to "sell" me stuff.

Interested in other experiences. Right now Barkleigh is super perky and happy and we want to keep him that way as long as possible.

Hiya,
My Leo is now on heart meds for his CHF. The only supplement I give is Omega 3 fish oil. He gets one capsule daily.
I also give him occasional fish with his meal.
I know some people on the board give more....Im sure they will let you know what they use. Its worth giving supplements as In my opinion anything that helps even just a little is worth it.

Back