• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Updating board look and software

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all:

I have been waiting for some time to do a board update. The software we currently use is not being updated with features any longer and I have been considering a different board application -- just waiting for it to reach a certain level of maturity.

It is now at a version which I think, looks good. In general users will get pretty much the same experience, but I will also refresh the appearance of the board overall.

The one negative is that the new board software will not import the blogs. I know most people didn't use this feature all that often but there are a few that I think are important. I am trying to look at options for saving blogs.

August is a good time for me to do a switchover as it is always the quietest month.

So you may get a message stating that the board is being updated... and if so this is likely to be a 12-24 hour process.

Karlin

Sounds great......
Will this fix the problem of why I, and some others, are having a hard time getting on? I can still only use my phone.

I think it likely will. As far as I can tell this seems to be something to do with the way browsers are reading the website files; perhaps there's some code bothering IE browsers... I'm just fiddling around with a test version of the software so that I know how it operates and so I can hopefully, set it to to working order fairly quickly. I have a lot of things in mind for the board and site, and changing the board over is a first step. :)

:updte:

I have downloaded the software and am working to get a test forum set up so that I can do all the design work etc in advance of actually transferring the board contents.

When that's all ready it will likely just take me an hour or two to transfer the board. At that time you'll get a message saying the board is being updated. I'll post any further info here! I hope todo the transfer in the next few days depending on how everything goes. It generally always takes much longer than planned! :yikes

Having some issues with uploading the new software to the board so (as usual) all taking longer than expected. :)

Sorry, finally just seeing this! I've been really busy with other things so haven;t had a chance to go back and try to work through why I can't get the software to load into hosting space. I'll have time to check this out again next week and I hope, get a practice forum up, then if that's running smoothly, will transfer the board.

I am still waiting to get the chance to try and get the update done, folks! The month of October has been probably the busiest of the year for me but after next week -- another busy work week! -- I will have a LOT more time. I go onto a half-leave option at work, as I am working on a personal project, so will also have time to get my tech projects back on track! One is the board and the other is the development of the broader CKCS.com website which it will be part of. Lots of cavalier information and community activity, all in one place, coming before long!

I have not been able to access CavalierTalk --- at all --- for a couple of months. It got so bad that I almost removed it from my bookmarks/favorites.

So I tried again today, and here it is! And I see there has been activity over the past month. Or two.

Any idea why I could not access it from my desktop, smart phone, or tablet?

Thanks. And I am so very happy to be visiting here again!

I'm just seeing this thread and this may explain whyI was having the same issue as Waldor. I think it may have just been an issue of people in the US being able to access the board but I am happy it's back and we can access it again.

I was also having the same issue and was about to give up and remove it from my bookmarks. So happy it is back. It is such a wonderful compilation of information about our sweet breed of pups.

Back