• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eye defect

Hi all - when my tricolor Jane got spayed a couple of months ago, the vet mentioned that he noticed a defect in one of her eyes as she slept. He tried to point out a small lump to me but honestly my mother and I, for the lives of us, could not see what he was talking about. He asked if she had ever had a lot of tearing up or eye itchiness, and I said no, since I had never noticed anything about her eyes ever before, and I also know she was very carefully checked by her breeder. He said as long as it wasn't causing any problems, it was not a big deal. However, I couldn't get it out of my mind and it was driving me crazy, so I made her another appointment. Her spay had been done by a visiting vet (the main one is out on maternity leave) and so I took her in to see a different vet in the same animal hospital. This vet said she could not see anything wrong with her eye, same as me and her breeder. I am just wondering if any other Cav parents have had something like this happen before? He did also spay a Westie that day, I'm wondering if, not knowing the owners or the dogs so well, he could have confused us?

Very possible that he confused the dogs. If all looks well, and your dog is not in any discomfort, I would let it go.

Back