• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snood for my SM girl

ann

Where can I get a snood for Ellie, she has SM and hates the wind blowing in her ears, I used to knit and crochet but Carnt do it any more, or I would have easily have made one.....so anyone know where in UK has them please.....

I bet Nicki or Kate or one of our longtime UK members will know! There are quite a few places but some are better than others and a softer material might work best? I also would think keeping ear hair quite short would help? I do that with my SM group so they don't need any involved ear brushing.

Hi Ladybird, I am interested, can you show me a picture and give me a price please.......I need to get somthing for Ellie before the cold winds start......PM me if you like.....Thank you,Ann

Try Pam Brownshill, who has a mail order business selling all doggy clothing and bedding, handmade. I got a really nice and useful sun hat from her for one of my SM dogs who squinted in strong light (you might think about this for Ellie next summer). Contact: email [email protected]; phone 024 7636 4336 or mobile 07971871213 Tell her what you want and I'm sure she'll be able to make it for you; she lives in Coventry.

Kate

PS Speaking of sun hats reminded me - does Ellie squint in strong light? Half close her eyes in sunlight, fluorescent light, even bright white cloud? This is a common symptom of CM/SM, caused by spinal fluid backing up in the ventricles behind the eyes and creating pressure. If she does, a little cotton sun hat can really help to keep her eyes in shade and comfortable. A lot of Cavalier owners think this squinting is normal because it's what we do ourselves in sunlight, but if you look around, other breeds don't do it - they manage strong light by reducing their irises so that the light doesn't do damage to the back of the eyes.

Kate

Hi Ladybird, I am interested, can you show me a picture and give me a price please.......I need to get somthing for Ellie before the cold winds start......PM me if you like.....Thank you,Ann

I have a snood that is brand new as would be happy to mail it to you. I bought it to keep Bosco's ears out of his food, but he was having no part in having anything on his head. You can pm me with your address and I will be happy to have it in the post for you. No problem at all.

Joan

Back