• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Al Near Houston, Texas

varuscelli

Hello, all. I just wanted to make an introduction.

My daughter and I had a female Blenheim Cavalier named Juliet for the last 10 and 1/2 years who recently passed on due to complications related to heart disease.

Juliet had a very good life -- while adding immensely to the quality of our lives -- and didn't really start to suffer until her last three or four months, although her medications kept her active and happy until times when edema overcame the good effects of the medication. Our vets did everything they could for her (our regular vet and our vet cardiologist) to extend her good quality of life, but she finally reached the point where her heart and lungs could no longer handle the strain. As much as we miss her, I am glad she is no longer in any discomfort or pain.

At some point, I know we will bring another Cavalier into our lives. Juliet was the best dog I've had in my life in terms of demeanor and what I have to call natural people skills. Everyone seemed to love her. We want that kind of presence in our lives again.

This is a combination of two of my favorite pics of my daughter, Mia, with Juliet taken several years apart.

mia_juliet_combined_01.jpg

I like Juliet's expression in this one better, but I put that combo pic (above) together because they were such a close match quite a few years apart.

120828-023c.jpg

Once again -- hello, all.

Al (varuscelli)

Hi and welcome to the forum :).

I am so sorry for your loss. So many of us here know exactly what you have been through with MVD and Juliet was clearly much loved and kept very comfortable when she was ill, as well. What beautiful pictures! I love pictures like this that show a child growing as well as their cavalier. I do hope you will find just the right cavalier to add to your home in future; you will know when the time is right. Yes, they are a very special breed.

You wondered elsewhere if you were on moderation and yes -- new subscriptions automatically go to moderation just so I can be sure the poster is a real person and cavalier lover, not trying to post spam. You should be able to post immediately with no problems now.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Thank you so much, Karlin. I'm glad to have so many pics to remember Juliet by (in addition to all my memories), but I do miss her dearly. I'm sure the grief will lessen with time. What a sweet girl she was. I think you are right -- that we will know when we find the right Cavalier to add to our family and when the time is right to make that addition.

Back