• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

cavalier DNA collection

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I've created a separate post with info on the cavalier blood and DNA drive, in the Health FAQs:

http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=135

The info is also included at the end of Clare Rusbridge's info sheet on syringomyelia but I thought it would be helpful to list info on the drive separately as the blood/DNA is being used to help both human and animal disease knowledge and for cavaliers, will supply researchers with information on three conditions seen in cavaliers: mitral valve disease (MVD), epilepsy, and syringomyelia. I think there's a mistaken belief that the drive is only for syringomyelia and that blood/DNA is only wanted from affected cavaliers -- but ALL cavalier blood/DNA is important to this health research effort.

There's an explanation of what it is, why it is important, and where to order DNA kits or how to have your vet take a blood sample. Also there are links for downloading the necessary forms. Cavalier owners in North America or Europe can do this. icon_thumbsup

Back