PDA

View Full Version : Booster car seat

Dee
29th March 2005, 02:50 PM
I have seen the other thread about the booster seat but I was wondering if anyone has a larger type that the dog can lie down in? We have a vacation home that is a 4 hour drive. Audrey doesn't mind the drive and usually sleeps a good part of it but on our last trip she wanted to look out the window more than before. I'd love to find a safe booster seat she could also sleep in. I have seen several on the internet but not sure what might be best and safest.

MaggieM
29th March 2005, 03:53 PM
We have a harness for Isabelle (for longer trips) and then use her large poof ball. She can sit on it and look out, or nest in it and sleep. I just know she's more secure because of the harness.

Cathy T
29th March 2005, 04:30 PM
Dee- I wish I could remember where we got this but we got a booster seat for Jake after he outgrew he other car seat. It was a flat topped foam booster. Jake could lay down on it and look out the window. Hah, just found it. Go to jbpet.com and look under the travel section. There is something called a lookout perch 1/2 bench. This is the one we had for Jake. We don't use it anymore since we have two of them and they both can see out the window when sitting. Also, no matter how tired Jake gets he refuses to sit or lay down. He is so funny, he'll stand there weaving he's so tired but very rarely will lay down unless it's a really long drive. I harness both of the pups with a harness that attaches to the seat belt. The perch gets attached to the seat so it won't move.

Dee
30th March 2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks Cathy and Maggie,
I was looking at the bench so I think I will order it. There is also something called a Lookout II. It is more expensive though. It looks like it might limit her from roaming about. Even with her harness strap short she wants to move about.