• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jen and Lester here

skeezmo

Hi! I am basically here and looking all over the place for others who have Cavaliers and may have a Cav with the health symptoms mine is having. He is just turning 1 and has some very significant lameness and terrible tremors which occur when he gets excited. Two vets have both ruled out brain tumors and syringomyelia. He has been blood tested for myasthenia gravis and that turned up negative also, but the doc says that test can produce false negatives. I'm hoping to find some insight to what is going on with him. He is a very good little boy and my best pal. You can check him out on my website http://jencrowder.com/portfolio.html Click on pets and he is the little cute tricolor cav!

Thanks!

Hi Jen:

Sorry to hear about you little man; he's very sweet! Is it only vets who have ruled out brain tumours or SM or have you seen a neurologist? Have you ruled out a mild form of Episodic Falling Syndrome as well? Epilepsy? Hip dysplasia or bad patellas? Just guessing at some possibilities though it sounds like your vet is checking many things.

I think if nothing else is found I would want to see a neurologist as the weak hind limbs and tremors brought on by excitement are potentially consistent with SM. Vets tend not to know too much about SM while a neuro familiar with this could tell you if it is worth doing an MRI.

Hi Jen,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have with Lester. I hope you can soon get help for him.

I can see why he is your best pal he is absolutely gorgeous. :D

Keep us posted with his progress.

Back