PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Ruth
28th April 2005, 03:24 PM
Thankyou for the chance to join and a big hello to everyone (quite a few I recognize) from all the gang in North Yorkshire.
I have had Cavaliers since 1969 but gave up on the chance to breed when I realized I would keep all the puppies :lol:
I dabbled in showing, but preferred to watch than participate!
My fascination is for pedigrees and written memorabilia of Cavaliers. I have been collecting photographs, critiques, articles, Breed Record Supplements etc. for years and have had to give a bedroom over to it all for storage!! My pedigree database is running at 40,000+ dogs at present, and to think I started it all back in the 70's with a card index :lol:
My family consist of hubby, five elderly Cavaliers all between 11yrs and 14yrs ( a couple who are rescues) a rescued Papillon and a Rottweiler who thinks he is a Cavalier and can't figure out why he doesn't fit on my knee.
I look forward to joining in the chat.
Best wishes to you all,
Ruth

Karlin
28th April 2005, 03:54 PM
Hi Ruth and thanks for joinging us!

icon_welcome

I have been collecting photographs, critiques, articles, Breed Record Supplements etc. for years and have had to give a bedroom over to it all for storage!! My pedigree database is running at 40,000+ dogs at present, and to think I started it all back in the 70's with a card index

Wow, what a great collection that must be. Sounds like your house is a good place for all of us to take our holidays... 8) :lol:

Nicki
28th April 2005, 04:33 PM
Hi Ruth lovely to see you here.

I think most of us would jump at the chance of a week's holiday in your spare bedroom!! All that Cavalier memorabilia icon_banana

Hope all the doglets are keeping well - we'd love to see some photos if you have time.

Rupert and Princess Peaches send hugs to kisses to you all

Ruth
29th April 2005, 03:07 AM
Hi Karlin and Nicki, lovely to be here. I will try and get some photos up if I can wake the gang up long enough!

How are Rupert and Peaches doing these days Nicki ?

Ruth

Nicki
29th April 2005, 10:21 AM
Ahhh it would be great to see everybody - maybe wave some food about, that soon wakes mine up!! Hope all are as well as possible - I think you said Teddy was doing better?

Thanks for asking about the doglets:

Peaches is recovering well from her luxating patella surgery, Ruth - bouncing again! She is SO much happier, I'm really please we went through the op. We go back in Sept for a 6 month check, and may make a decision then about the other leg - this right one was the worst, and actually far worse than we expected.

The bad news is that her murmur is getting worse - worse than a 2 now, and the vet would expect her to show clinical signs between 8 and 10 years old {she is 6 1/2} and would probably need medication then :( We are just enjoying everyday with her, and will keep her weight right down, and as fit as possible.

Rupert is seizure-free most days icon_banana we are controlling him with an homoeopathic remedy made from his steroid {i only discovered recently that this could be done, if insufficient on its own, the remedy can be given alongside steroid treatment, and will help to prevent the side effects}

He is reasonably pain free - seems happy and enjoying life, the biggest problem is his walking now, he's only managing about 1/2 to 3/4 mile daily. We have borrowed a cart for him and hope to get it set up and try it out.

But he can still run a bit when he wants too, and potters about the garden quite happily - he just can't keep going for too long.

Julie
29th April 2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Ruth, icon_welcome to the board.

Look forward to getting to know you and your doglets. :D