PDA

View Full Version : Snoods??

skeezmo
4th May 2005, 06:05 PM
Has anyone seen these? I'm sure I could just make one, but I can't even sew a button. They are soft, padded scrunchie-like headbands for Cav ears! They look ridiculous, but keep ears out of food. I just ordered one and will keep you posted on some forseeable issues with this item: Will Lester keep it on while he eats? Will Lester chew it to shreds? Are they too tight? Tight enough? Washable?

Here's the url:

http://winfieldcavaliers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=33&osCsid=01c8fcdc5e3ffa0d68488941e217cf2a

My dog is not a show dog or anything, but his ears get gross from eating and drinking. But then again, he likes to be dirty...weirdo.

Cathy T
4th May 2005, 06:47 PM
Here are Jake and Shelby in their snoods:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/HPIM0760.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/HPIM0761.jpg

I got mine at fancypaw.com. They are really great. My kiddos get pumpkin with their dinner and I got tired of combing dried pumpkin out of their ears (it has the consistency of glue!)

As soon as I reach for their snoods they get excited, dinners on the way!

skeezmo
4th May 2005, 08:18 PM
Cute! Do they mind the snoods? I guess not if it signals dinner time~

Nicki
4th May 2005, 08:31 PM
They do get used to them quite quickly, especially as food is involved!! :D

Cathy, Jake and Shelby look so cute in theirs icon_heartthrob

Here's Princess Peaches modelling hers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Peachessnood.jpg

We were selling these in aid of the UK CKCS Club Cavalier Health Research fund {they are usually available on the stall at the Championship Show in March}

Cathy T
5th May 2005, 02:33 AM
Princess Peaches has a lovely, royal, snooty look on her face. Almost daring you to laugh! Jake is pissed and Shelby looks terrified!

Seriously they don't mind the snoods it all. In fact, it bothers my husband more than them. He says they look ridiculous, but then he's not the one who grooms them! :?

rory
5th May 2005, 05:11 AM
I'm going to check out the selection at the dog show next weekend. If there aren't any cute ones ("manly" for my baby boy!) I'm going to order one from eBay that I like. :) Black with white polka dots... :lol:

Nicki
5th May 2005, 07:44 AM
Princess Peaches has a lovely, royal, snooty look on her face. Almost daring you to laugh!

Hence her "title" :lol: :lol:

Karlin
5th May 2005, 11:42 PM
hey do get used to them quite quickly, especially as food is involved!!

:lol: :lol:

I use scrunchies and there's about 2 seconds where they are unimpressed, then the food arrives... 8)

I got really tired of gunky ears, esp. on the days they eat sardines... icon_yikes Snoods or scrunchies work really well.

rory
6th May 2005, 12:49 AM
hey do get used to them quite quickly, especially as food is involved!!

:lol: :lol:

I use scrunchies and there's about 2 seconds where they are unimpressed, then the food arrives... 8)

I got really tired of gunky ears, esp. on the days they eat sardines... icon_yikes Snoods or scrunchies work really well.

You give them sardines??? :shock:
Groooooossssss...... aren't they really really salty? and doesn't their breath REEK afterwards??

Jen
15th June 2005, 10:17 PM
with that first link, what the heck does that dog have in it's mouth??

Jay
15th June 2005, 11:09 PM
with that first link, what the heck does that dog have in it's mouth??

Looks like a chicken foot.... icon_yuk

J.

Cathy T
16th June 2005, 12:58 AM
EEEWWWW! That's exactly what it is!!! That is truly nasty looking.

Jen
16th June 2005, 02:16 PM
That's what I thought!! :shock: Something so sweet looking shouldn't have a foot coming out of it's mouth!!

Everytime I see that picture of Shelby in her snood it cracks me up, could she look any more wigged out??! She is adorable, I love her pierced lips! She's so puckered...or maybe pouty?? Too cute. :lol:

Cathy T
16th June 2005, 03:11 PM
That's what I thought!! :shock: Something so sweet looking shouldn't have a foot coming out of it's mouth!!

Everytime I see that picture of Shelby in her snood it cracks me up, could she look any more wigged out??! She is adorable, I love her pierced lips! She's so puckered...or maybe pouty?? Too cute. :lol:

Everyone who notices Shelby's lips comments on how it looks like she put her black lipstick on crooked!!

This is one of my favorite pictures of her smushy mouth:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db10b3127cce91b8ebb95e2200000016108AYtGLZq3ats

Rory's mom took this when they were visiting and I just love it.

Jen
16th June 2005, 03:17 PM
That's so cute!! She looks like she's hoarding food in her mouth, like a little hamster!

Joyce
16th June 2005, 11:49 PM
I just got my two snoods from fancypaw.com. The dogs know that their food is ready when they see me coming with the snoods, and sit very "mannerly" while I put them on. Like someone said, if food is involved, you will not have a problem! Otherwise I don't think they would be too thrilled. :roll:

TriTitch
27th July 2008, 11:34 PM
I hve just ordered a snood from fancy paws...hope it comes extra soon as Im going to use mine to cover Titch`s ears for when hes in the garden or where there are grass seeds/fox tails.
This afternoon he came flying in from the garden and instantly flung himself onto the setee ear side down onfurther inspection I retrieved 9! grass seeds fr0m his ears! one seriously working its way well into the inside....and this is after 5-10 mins playing in the garden I havent mowed for...hmmm a week!

arasara
28th July 2008, 12:24 AM
just a heads up ~ you might want to contact Fancy Paw's owner and confirm your order. Last I knew they were headed out of business ;( (I tried to make an order and it never went through :(

tara
28th July 2008, 04:43 AM
I ordered Holly's snoods from a cavalier woman named Cindy Koehring. Her website is www.spanielbowls.com (http://www.spanielbowls.com). Even though Holly is just four months, I wanted snoods because she eats a raw diet and they keep her ears nice and clean. It took all of two feedings before Holly got that snood = food! Now she literally lunges her head into the snood before her meals:thmbsup:

Cindy is great to work with and her snood prices are very reasonable. She also makes beautiful bowls for long-eared dogs that are more like works of art! Here's a picture of Holly wearing her snood, and eating from Cindy's bowls.

http://star.walagata.com/w/carsonbrooke/DSC01782.JPG

Mom of Jato
28th July 2008, 04:20 PM
Holly looks so cute in her snood. I love the bowls too! And her pink rug! Wow, she is a lucky little pup. :D

nicola
30th July 2008, 12:42 AM
I ordered Holly's snoods from a cavalier woman named Cindy Koehring. Her website is www.spanielbowls.com (http://www.spanielbowls.com). Even though Holly is just four months, I wanted snoods because she eats a raw diet and they keep her ears nice and clean. It took all of two feedings before Holly got that snood = food! Now she literally lunges her head into the snood before her meals:thmbsup:

Cindy is great to work with and her snood prices are very reasonable. She also makes beautiful bowls for long-eared dogs that are more like works of art! Here's a picture of Holly wearing her snood, and eating from Cindy's bowls.

http://star.walagata.com/w/carsonbrooke/DSC01782.JPG
I recently received my bowls from Cindy. She sent them all the way to the UK for me and they are stunning. I got mine in the chive green with little bowls all over and my guys' names on them. She has Lady's bowl on her website as an example. She is such a nice lady, very helpful and so talented!!!!! I also got snoods from her and they're great. Will take some photos and post my guys with their bowls and snoods.

nicola
30th July 2008, 12:44 AM
Tara where did you get that cute pink rug? Also, I forgot to say in my last post how gorgeous your bowls are also. Cindy is wonderful!

tara
30th July 2008, 04:55 AM
Nichola -- I got the rug from a local doggy boutique. My daughter LOVES pink, so I let her pick out this rug even though it doesn't match Cindy's bowls. Life's too short to sweat that kind of stuff, right:) Yes, Cindy is wonderful to work with and I love her products. She even made some snoods for Holly to "grow into," with little stitches that I can remove as she grows.

TriTitch
6th August 2008, 01:06 AM
just a heads up ~ you might want to contact Fancy Paw's owner and confirm your order. Last I knew they were headed out of business ;( (I tried to make an order and it never went through :(
Im such an idiot :sl*p:I searched snood,came up with this thread and didnt even look at the date of the last post!

Well I made an order,gave my card details :yikes and have heard nothing.
No money has been taken out of my account thankfully so hopefully I can put this one down to experience and try again.

Im going to try spanielbowls.com,seeing as it comes with a RECENT reference lol.

Cathy T
6th August 2008, 01:17 AM
I've ordered from Lucy a lot before and she's always been really reliable. If the website is up and she is still accepting orders I can't believe you'll be taken for your money. If she's truly out of business I would imagine you won't lose any money. Do let us know what happens though. She has some really great things.

TriTitch
6th August 2008, 01:33 AM
Oh right :)

Ill go to the site now and see if theres an email address.Watch this space!

TriTitch
6th August 2008, 02:04 AM
Okaay! - Hopefully we`re back in buisness,Ive just sent this email ;)

Hi,

Just a note as I have heard the fancy paws website may not be in operation anymore.....
I ordered a Snood on the 27th July for $8 + P&P $3.50 and wanted to confirm the the order was indeed going through.
It may be a mistake at my end when ordering,perhaps I didnt fill in the full criteria needed to complete the transaction? - or maybe Im just being paranoid!

If possible could you get back to me and let me know if all is well at this email address please?

Thanks very much in advance,hope to hear from you soon,

Yours

Not the most professionally written of letters but hopefully they`ll understand what I mean.:)

arasara
6th August 2008, 02:32 AM
I did not mean to imply that she took my money and I didn't get any product so I apologize that's how it came across :eek:

I made my order, but no money came out of the account . . . and then about three weeks later I got an email and she was very very nice and said they weren't selling t-shirts anymore, they still had some notepads, and a few of the other items I had ordered were gone.

I would be interesting in hearing what happens when you get a response?

I did go to a cavalier "pawty" this past weekend and there were several notebooks that I recognized as being from Fancy Paw, so who knows, maybe they are still there? :) I'd be interested to know though :flwr:

Good luck!

Noelle
6th August 2008, 08:54 AM
Brinkleys Snood arrived yesterday,im delighted with it its a great invention.:-p

TriTitch
6th August 2008, 10:29 PM
I did not mean to imply that she took my money and I didn't get any product so I apologize that's how it came across :eek:No of course not.
I am such a pilchard :sl*p::sl*p::sl*p:

Fancypaws.com are %100 in the right....I received an email stating that they are still in buisness ;) but do not sell snoods!

Upon further investigation - and with the help of cookies! - I discovered that my original order was with fancypaw.com (note the absence of the `s` lol)
I shall now embarrassingly switch targets icon_blshing and humbly apologise with the excuse that not all Cavalier owners still have possesion of their marbles :p :lol:

TriTitch
7th August 2008, 12:59 AM
Aw cripes Ive just realised that Im totally barking up the wrong tree again LOL!

It IS fancypaw not fancypaw(s) that everyone was talking about in the first place :neutral:

Lordy just shoot me now :confused:

Cathy T
7th August 2008, 03:30 PM
:confused: I'm feeling kind of dizzy!! ;)

I've ordered from fancypaw (no S) before. Lucy is the woman who owns the site. I've always gotten what I ordered and not had a problem, but it's been a while. I did e-mail her the other day when I saw there may be a problem and have not heard back from her.

chloe92us
27th August 2008, 01:55 AM
I don't think I've ever seen such gorgeous dog bowls as spanielbowls.com

I've had her site bookmarked for a long time. As soon as I have some "disposable income" (haha) I will order them. So, that may be a while.

Her work is AMAZING.