View Full Version : Cats and lily pollen - beware!

29th May 2005, 09:06 PM
Not sure where to put this, but here goes:

I know some of you have Puddy tats, and thought I ought to share this warning with you

This article relates to the death of a cat following it having licked pollen from lilies...


There are some other very good articles on this site relating to various types of pet.

23rd November 2005, 02:50 PM
I just read this and am shocked!
I love lillies and often have them in the house.
I also have a curious cat in the house but thankfully I've never had any problems with them.
She did have the flu and still sneezes a bit two months later, mabye its the lillies!!!!!

23rd November 2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks for this. You can trim the stamens (which hold the pollen) from lilies -- I often do this anyway as it then stops the yellow staining that can happen from the pollen.

23rd November 2005, 05:41 PM
weird. I've never heard of this before. Cairo, one of my cats, always walks around with a yellow/orange nose whenever I have lilies from sniffing and getting the pollen all over. Last time i had lillies, I pulled the pollen off w/ a kleenex so avoid this, but didn't know it was dangerous in the first place!!!