PDA

View Full Version : Vomiting blood

wohorse
1st June 2005, 12:27 PM
:cry: Snuggles had an episode Sat. where he vomited a moderate amt. of bright red blood. A trip to the ER and more vomiting of blood, and he was diagnosed with "Infectious Hemataemesis????(vomiting blood) Gastroenteritis. I was told the bleeding was from either a virus or bacteria in the stomach, that had irritated the stomach so bad that it bled. I think that definition was given, because they could not find any other diagnosis.
All in all, it was and still is rather scarey. Although Snuggles seems to be better now, I am soooo worried. Has anyone else had any problems such as this? :cry:

Cathy T
1st June 2005, 04:16 PM
How scary that must be for you! I don't know anything about but please keep us posted.

Nicki
2nd June 2005, 01:48 PM
http://www.vetinfo.com/dencyclopedia/dehge.html

So sorry to hear about Snuggles - this is a very scary condition, requiring rapid treatment.

I do know of a tiny 3lb Yorkie who had this but came through ok- so keep positive.

There is some information about it on the above website, I guess this is what your vet is referring to.

Hope that Snuggles will soon be feeling much better - sending healing thoguhts and prayers for you both.

Karlin
4th June 2005, 05:08 PM
Let us know how things go. Positive thoughts for Snuggles!