• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello, I'm a new one!!

icav2

Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I don't have a single Cavalier :( ,no, not a one.

I will have though, as over the next week I am taking two cavaliers for a rescue. One is 8 - female and one is 5 - male and quite poorly, he has a grade 5 heart murmur and occasional collapsing back legs.

I haven't had cavaliers before, but have recently fallen in love with them through using various rescue forums, and have just been given a link to this site. I am hoping to find the help and support I may need to care for and enjoy my new rescues.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Karen

HI Karen, it's lovely to have you with us. You must be very excited about your new babies, thank you so much for taking on these rescues.

The heart problems can often be very well managed, with the correct medication, so maybe take him to your own vet as soon as you can.

There is lots of information and advice on here, so spend some time having a look around.

Also maybe have a look at these sites, both Mary and Anita have had rescue dogs, they are an inspiration to us all.

http://www.doglady.org.uk/

http://www.anita-cooper.com

Hi Nicki,

Thank you for the welcome and the links also.

Yes I have read a lot on the site about MVD etc, its very helpful and good to have the information so readily available.

I am very excited about my new babies coming, but am a little apprehensive too. My own vet was not very suppoortive, so today I ventured off to register at another one, who was not very kind or nice to me either, so, am wondering whether - better the devil you know or whether to keep searching for a better vets! But either way, yes my poorly little boy will be whisked off to a vets somewhere as soon as possible after arrival.

Karen

Welcome to the board! There are some experienced rescue people around here and some experienced cavalier people so I'm sure you'll have lots of support.

Hi Karen, welcome to the board and good luck with your rescues. icon_crssedfingers There are lots of people on this list who have experience of rescue. If you have a problem, just feel free to ask a question and I am sure you will find a helping hand out here. I have a little saying "If in doubt, shout!" ;)
Looking forward to seeing some pictures too of your new arrivals. :)

Back