PDA

View Full Version : Is Pro Plan a good food?

Lindee
27th July 2005, 11:22 PM
Hi guys..my little Willow came with Pro Plan Puppy for small dogs. I have a bag of Eukanuba Puppy for small breed and have mixed a bit in thinking I would switch to Eukanuba. Then I heard someone say ProPlan is good....then some say don't feed Cavaliers puppy food. I used to feed my Lhasas Nutro brand because it doesn't have preservatives. What do you all think about foods? Should I be transitioning him out of puppy food?
Lindee

Karlin
27th July 2005, 11:41 PM
You don;t need puppy food now at 10 months whatever the case, so I'd switch to an adult food anyway -- but many if not most breeders do not recommend feeding puppy food. Some good breeders do use those two foods but personally I prefer others. I like Royal Canin for small dogs because they use human grade meat which many foods do not. I am sure others will give suggestions as well. I feed a mix of a raw diet, a cooked diet, and very occasionally, the Royal Canin (maybe once or twice a week). But feeding a raw or cooked diet takes some research into proper nutrition.

rory
28th July 2005, 04:00 AM
I feed ProPlan. I've done lost of looking at different brands and ProPlan is a good food that is easily accessible.
Royal Canin is also good. I don't care for Eukanuba, but lots of people do...

Maxxs_Mummy
28th July 2005, 12:28 PM
Maxx is now on James Wellbeloved and loves it. It's organic and hypoallergenic but I think it's only available in UK :cry:

Lindee
14th August 2005, 08:18 PM
Well, I had gotten a couple of samples of Wellness and mixed it in with the Pro Plan for a couple of nights. He has been eating fine now:) Today I put a bit of Pro Plan and a bit of the Wellness in separate cups-he ate ALL the Pro Plan first. I think he likes it better so I may just stick with that. I did switch to the adult/small breed. I think he likes the tiny bits.