• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New SM sister site

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I've finally got my SM site up (connected to this site, and it links back to the SM discussion forum here too). It is at:

www.cavaliertalk.com/SM

Lots more to come but it has the main info I wanted to get up first.

It looks great!! I already forwarded it to all the people who I've tried to explain the disease to (almost all who think i'm just a hyperchondriac and a neurotic vet student).

Great site Karlin, well done at getting this up so quickly too with some great links to information. :D

Thanks; I am just so glad to finally have it visible on the web. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Depending on what people think, I might move the SM forum to the website where it would be totally part of that site, with links from here. What do people think? I don't want members here to feel this board is all about health issues; at the same time, I don't know if a dedicated board over on that site would be used very much and being here keeps it as part of a laregr community. If I make it a dedicated board over there, it could have different fourms, on treatments, symtpoms, recommended neuros, and so on. But maybe it would never have that kind of volume.

Probably best to see how the forum here gets used and if it gains traffic from the site over time; but I would elsome opinions, which can be posted or PM'd to me if you want to make suggestions privately.

Also, I am happy to say that Penny Knowler, who works with Clare Rusbridge, has read over the site and is happy with the information there as being correct and accessible. Penny noted that the info that is there, because it is all together, highlights the progress that has been made in the past year or two and that is something for us all to cheer about. This occured to me as I put the site together -- that the info had been SO scattered that until I started pulling bits together (and there is still so much to go!!) I hadn't realised how much more is known now than when I first tried to find out about SM a year+ ago. I think only maybe two things came up on Google then!!

My real hope is that this will makie it SOOOO much easier for people to find information on SM when they are seized with panic in the midd
le of the night, worried about ntheir dogs. And that vets will have a central resource. And finally -- and maybe most important -- that breeders who have been reluctant to find out more because it might make it look like they feared they had SM in their lines, will have an anonymous place to go to get info, get informed, and make decisions for the betterment of the breed.

Yes, Thanks Karlin. I wish I'd had this to refer to before Maxx was formally diagnosed with SM. It's such a horrible thing, I really wouldn't wish it on anyone :cry:

Back