PDA

View Full Version : Yippee! My wonderful vets...

Karlin
26th August 2005, 06:20 PM
Just got off the phone to one of my vets, Fintan. He is going to put the SM Infosite url out to the whole Irish vet mailing list, which is just wonderful as there's such low awareness over here of SM. As well, he said he'd post it to the international E-vet discussion group so I'm really happy this key SM info will get out to a much wider vet audience! icon_banana icon_banana

Maxxs_Mummy
26th August 2005, 07:24 PM
Wow, well done Karlin and well done Fintan - the more that people know about this then hopefully the less Cavaliers will be bred at 'puppy farms'. Hopefully, breeders will also start scanning their dogs for SM as well as getting them heart and eye checked as well icon_flowers

Jen
26th August 2005, 07:37 PM
This is great news!! Well done Karlin! icon_banana icon_banana

rory
26th August 2005, 10:34 PM
Wonderful news. :)

Karlin
27th August 2005, 01:42 AM
They are really great vets.

Also Leo came back normal for his potassium levels (that's why I was calling Fintan) so he is doing fine on the frusemide. :)

Maxxs_Mummy
27th August 2005, 12:08 PM
That's really brilliant news :D How often do they have to have their potassium levels checked? James hasn't mentioned having Maxx's checked yet but I know that human's on Frusemide have to have regular checks.

Karlin
27th August 2005, 12:31 PM
Skerrit told me to check after 6 months. I don't know if it has to be every 6 months or can go to a year now.