PDA

View Full Version : More puppia Q's

edel
13th September 2005, 04:01 PM
Just got my puppia harness today. It pink and so cute on her, she looks adorable. Anyway what i wanted to know was can i definately leave it on her all day, is it comfortable enough or is the collar better for that. I have to have something on her because she ever escapes I want her to have her ID tag on her.

i saw from other threads this question was raised but I dont think it was answered yet.

So wats everyone doing with theirs?

melanie
13th September 2005, 05:20 PM
We only leave Sadie's on when we go for a walk. In the house, she wears her regular collar with all her tags. I dont see any reason why you couldn't leave it on them all daythough.

GudrunTheRed
13th September 2005, 06:10 PM
Chester has his on right now but that's only because I was lazy and didn't take it off after his morning walk. He's sound asleep at the moment and as you can see it is not bothering him one bit:
http://www.dilettante.info/images/Chester/20050913-01.jpg

Normally I put it on him just for walks and he always has his collar with tag on, but it's up to you. I love the green on him so sometimes I leave it on a few hours since it looks so spiffy.

Have fun!

rory
13th September 2005, 10:43 PM
I'm sure you could leave it on all day, but I imagine a collar alone just for ID would be more comfortable. Rory doesn't seem to mind his puppia at all. we leave it on sometimes (lilke right now, i didn't take it off after I just took him out) and he's fine!

Lorraine
13th September 2005, 10:47 PM
Edel,

can i ask where did you get your harness from? did you buy online?

Lorraine.

edel
14th September 2005, 10:13 AM
Lorraine,

i got mine at www.millieandgeorge.com

I ordered mine before i even saw that people were buying them on this board, i just happened to stumble upon it and thought it was the best harness i had seen so far. However it is expensive from them as it is sterling. I think mine cost €45.00 for the harness and matching lead plus delivery. I would imagine that they would be cheaper on the US websites as the Euro is stronger than the dollar.

Are you thinking of buying one?

Lorraine
14th September 2005, 10:41 AM
Am really thinking about getting two of them. I was in the Petstore in Blanchardstown a little while ago and i noticed that they had some puppia things there like fancy beds and clothes. next time i'm there i might check if they can order stuff in.

now all i have to do is decide which colours to get... icon_whistling

Maxxs_Mummy
14th September 2005, 12:16 PM
I think if you go to http://www.petlondon.com/ you'll find that they will ship them to you, wherever you are :D

oh and btw, I WANT CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

GudrunTheRed
14th September 2005, 03:08 PM
oh and btw, I WANT CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can have him as long as I get to come and visit too. I've always wanted to go to the UK.

btw...your Maxx is gorgeous too! If this were a perfect world I would have a Cavalier in each of the 4 colors!

suec
14th September 2005, 05:51 PM
Edel,

I'm confussed.
However it is expensive from them as it is sterling. :shock: I think mine cost €45.00 ?Sterling? Is that a figure of speech? Do you have the hounds tooth checked one? This is the one I would like for my Max. Not sure if it's as nice as the light weight one?

GudrunTheRed
14th September 2005, 06:01 PM
Edel,

I'm confussed.
However it is expensive from them as it is sterling. :shock: I think mine cost €45.00 ?Sterling? Is that a figure of speech? Do you have the hounds tooth checked one? This is the one I would like for my Max. Not sure if it's as nice as the light weight one?
I think Edel means Pounds Sterling...the UK currency. Right now the exchange rate is 1.00 GBP = 1.82484 USD so it is rather expensive for a non-Brit to buy from the UK.

suec
14th September 2005, 06:59 PM
think Edel means Pounds Sterling...the UK currency
:oops: oh duh :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy
14th September 2005, 11:04 PM
oh and btw, I WANT CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can have him as long as I get to come and visit too. I've always wanted to go to the UK.

btw...your Maxx is gorgeous too! If this were a perfect world I would have a Cavalier in each of the 4 colors!

You'd be very welcome to come and stay Gudrun. We have a spare room with a nice large comfortable bed :D

We don't live very far from Stratford On Avon either - I think all Americans love that place LOL

Not speaking out of turn there btw - it's just that there are more Americans in SOA than there are Brits and when we came to USA everyone seemed to know about SOA and William Shakespeare :lol:

GudrunTheRed
15th September 2005, 05:25 AM
You'd be very welcome to come and stay Gudrun. We have a spare room with a nice large comfortable bed :D

We don't live very far from Stratford On Avon either - I think all Americans love that place LOL

Not speaking out of turn there btw - it's just that there are more Americans in SOA than there are Brits and when we came to USA everyone seemed to know about SOA and William Shakespeare :lol:

A big bed is good since Chester tends to be a real bed hog!

And yes, SOA is a place I would want to visit, but I would rather see the cool local stuff that the tourists often miss.

Give Maxx a big hug for me!

Maxxs_Mummy
15th September 2005, 01:28 PM
A big bed is good since Chester tends to be a real bed hog!

He's in good company then :lol: My friend called in with her Blenheim girlie the other day. When she was going home we couldn't find the dogs.

They were curled up together both snoring loudly on my bed :lol:

petitchien
19th September 2005, 05:10 PM
Hi ,

This is for Edel ---- I just got a puppia harness, collar and lead (all matching yellow!!) and it was only €37 incl. delivery from a states company called bowsawowsa.com .....

Try them as I found them very experienced and friendly (unlike other sites!!)

Hope this isn't too late but I was away for a couple of weeks and hence the lack of posts!!

Harry & Heidi's mom
2nd October 2005, 05:54 PM
after all this Puppia talk, i've decided it's time for Harry to become a member :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just ordered the Turquoise one with the matching lead.... (sons choice of colour :? daughter wanted pink but Harry's too macho for that :lol: )

not sure how long it takes for delivery though

Maxxs_Mummy
2nd October 2005, 11:23 PM
LOL My hubby is a very macho man but he has got a lovely pink tie that he wears sometimes. Last time he put it on my youngest was going around putting on a Dafydd Thomas voice saying "Dad's the only gay in the village" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicki
3rd October 2005, 05:05 PM
These harnesses look just brilliant - one question though, are they easy to take off over the head?

I always find that if a harness is adjusted to the correct size to fit around the shoulders, then it gets stuck around the ears as Cavaliers have big heads :lol:

Does this one stretch a little? Teddy pulls like a train, and I wondered if this would stop him?

Thanks

petitchien
3rd October 2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Nicki,

Yes they do stretch over the head so no worries about that.....

My little one, loves it and once he sees the harness (nevermind the oh so cool matching lead!!) he goes crazy as he knows it's walk time ...

Harry & Heidi's mom
4th October 2005, 03:54 PM
icon_banana icon_banana Harry's Puppia harness arrived this morning and the colour totally suits him!!!!

i have pics but can't post them... can anyone help?

Heather

petitchien
4th October 2005, 04:08 PM
'Fraid I'm in the same boat as you as I've loads of pics on my camera and in email but I can't add them in ... if anyone can help that'd be great as I can't access the photobucket site in work and have no access to Internet outside work and have no time to go to Internet Cafes (I know old dinosaur but once I'm in my own place this will be rectified ... in process of moving !!)

Maxxs_Mummy
4th October 2005, 04:32 PM
If anyone has problems posting their pics send them to me @ maxxs_mummy@yahoo.co.uk and I will put them up for you :D

Make sure you put the dogs name and details in the e-mail as well or I won't know whose pic I am posting :lol:

Karlin
5th October 2005, 09:19 AM
Hi Petitchien -- Better check your email to see if you got a refund -- Bowsawowsa sent me an email saying they won't send items internationally so they cancelled my order and refunded my PayPal account. Too bad; I liked some of their other things too! But I'll be out in the US in Dec probably so might pick up some things then.

petitchien
5th October 2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Karlin,

Thanks for the info ... but I got my puppia harness and lead (in wonderful yellow) which I even changed from black from the original order within 7 working days of the order being placed ... they must have changed their shipping policy after mid sep??? What a pity as they have really great stuff on the bowsawowsa site .... might contact them to see what changed their policy, if I've time today ....

Cheers ...

Harry & Heidi's mom
5th October 2005, 01:35 PM
have emailed some pics to maxxs mummy

heather

Karlin
5th October 2005, 01:36 PM
They must have changed it; the note I had from them was they regretted that they were unable to ship to international destinations. I already had harnesses from Petlondon.com but you need to buy the whole set there andI wanted to buy one additional harness alone. I'll just order it again, and collect in December from my parents' house in California.

Nicki
11th October 2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks Petitchien. Looking at a Puppia for Rupert, as it's difficult to find a comfortable harness for him - he has Syringomyelia.

Found a company on E-bay who ship to the UK, will let you know when they confirm shipping etc.

It's harness only - we have plenty of leads :lol: - but looks like it will work out at just under $24 - about £13.50 including shipping...

rory
11th October 2005, 04:48 PM
Nicki -
I use a Puppia harness on Rory who has syringomyelia and he is fine! It settles around the chest area - not on the neck at all. So it's very comfortable. If the dog pulls, it pulls from the chest, not the neck.

And he looks quite dashing in it, if I do say so myself! ;)

Nicki
11th October 2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks Rory's Mum :D

I'm so sorry that Rory has Syringomyelia - I hadn't seen that :oops:

Sending positive, healing thougths and hoping that he is only mildly affected and not having too many problems. ((((gentle hugs))))

"And he looks quite dashing in it, if I do say so myself! "
Rory is such a handsome dog, he'd look dashing in anything :D

rory
12th October 2005, 12:25 AM
He's doing OK. You can read about it in the SM forum. We've met with several neurologists and a holistic vet. We will be trying herbal meds and acupuncture next to control the scratching - which is the main problem at this point. How is your dear Rupert doing??

Lorraine
24th October 2005, 01:29 PM
Found this link for a place in the UK which sell the puppia harness.

seem to very cheap at £19.99.

http://www.designerpets.co.uk/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F7545918&rnd=635048&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=Puppia+Safety+Harness+And+Lead&cat=Dog+Collars+%28Girls%29&catstr=HOME:Dog+Collars+%28Girls%29

Karlin
24th October 2005, 03:32 PM
That is very cheap. Only pink and black though. :o Can't see Jaspar in a pink harness... black would be nice though!! Thanks Lorraine.

GudrunTheRed
24th October 2005, 05:57 PM
I'm spreading the Puppia word to the non-Cavalier masses!!! My neighbor just bought the light blue one for her adorable little rough-coated Jack Russell puppy named Zoey. I will take pics of her and Chester and post them soon!

Harry & Heidi's mom
27th November 2005, 07:07 PM
icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Harry's picture is on pet london!!! in photo album!!! icon_whistling

Maxxs_Mummy
28th November 2005, 11:13 AM
Awwww doesn't he look yummy - and they've put his pic next to a little lady Cavalier too :D Bet he's pleased :lol:

petitchien
28th November 2005, 11:35 AM
He looks gorgeous ....... I bet you're as proud as punch !!!
Well done to Harry .....

Jo B
28th November 2005, 07:59 PM
icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Harry's picture is on pet london!!! in photo album!!! icon_whistling

I was browsing around the site and saw the lovely picture of Harry, you must be so proud icon_banana

Harry & Heidi's mom
29th November 2005, 09:13 AM
yeah, i'm proud as punch! can't believe they actually put his picture online for the world to see!!! :lol: icon_banana

Jo B
30th November 2005, 11:29 AM
icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana
My Puppia harness and lead arrived just now in baby pink icon_whistling

Rio&NickysMommy
17th February 2006, 11:47 PM
Puppia soft harnesses are the best. We sell them also on our website but only ship at this time in the US. We have the harnesses in all the colors S,M,L and they are 19.00 US Dollars and the harness and lead set is 24.00 US Dollars. SO if you cant find them. We are at www.pitterpatterpawz.com
Rio&Nickysmommy

sramirez
3rd March 2006, 07:02 PM
Another harness question????

I know a number of posts have addressed this issue, but...

I'm needing to know if both my cavaliers can wear a Puppia harness - Sasha weighs 18 lbs. (medium or large?) and Sophie is a munchkin at 28 lbs which I wonder is too big for a Puppia to fit her?

Thanx for any information those of you who have ordered can give me.

Sheri

Rio&NickysMommy
3rd March 2006, 07:36 PM
SHeri!
Hi! I know with the Harness I sell this is how the basic sizing goes
Measure around the chest. They can be adjusted
Small 12.5-15"
Medium- 14.5-19"
Large- 18"-24
Many people with Pugs buy the harnesses from me and have ordered larges.
I know with our store we are fairly easy with exchanges and refunds if the items dont fit. From us if you order and it doesn't fit we refund your money back. If you need to exchange just ship back what you need to exchange and we send you the other size, We dont rebill or anything for exchanges.
I Hope this helped.
Rio&Nickysmommy
Pitterpatterpawz.com

sramirez
3rd March 2006, 07:55 PM
Great - I was just looking at your web site yesterday. I'll measure and get my order sent in. The regular harnesses we're using are too difficult to get around their girth. Esp. for my daughter (who can only use one hand) and she tries to walk them for me when I'm not home.

Sheri

Rio&NickysMommy
3rd March 2006, 08:27 PM
Sheri! Yes from what others say the Puppia Harnesses are pretty simple to use. Like I said if you have any problems just email me at the website my names Cheryl.
Also if you have pictures of your pets you can enter them in the sontest.. even if you decide you dont order anything. The pictures stay up for the whole year so each contest they will be in with diffrent judges each time.
Have a great weekend. Yippee.. its Friday.
Rio&Nickysmommy

Karlin
8th March 2006, 10:51 AM
A small fits Leo who is about 15.5 lbs (though he could fit a medium, loosely) and a medium more than fits Jaspar who is close to 17. The larges I got were waaaaay too big so I had to send them back for an exchange to Petlondon (they had recommended larges for cavaliers, but I think that's because a lot of pet cavaliers tend to be well over breed standard). Others may have cavaliers with a different build (eg stockier) but I can't imagine you'd want a large for a dog under 20ish lbs myself or it would fit very loosely. On the other hand they are be pretty adjustable except around the neck where the size is fixed. But the medium is nearly on the smallest settings, strapwise, to fit Jaspar and he is pretty much breed standard in build and weight.

Others who have larges may well dispute that or be happy with the loose fitting! :) But the larges I had were definitely too big for my two and Leo couldn;t possibly have worn one comfortably or safely. He's quite a compact little man though.

joanna
8th March 2006, 05:50 PM
We are now walking Twinkle and I have to say it's was much easier to get her used to the lead with the puppia. We started Daisy Boo on a collar (we did not know any better at the time) and it was much harder. The small fits Twinkle perfectly but it's a bit of a struggle to get it over her head :lol: The small would fit Daisy Boo also but the medium fits her fine too at 11 pounds.

Harry & Heidi's mom
8th March 2006, 06:14 PM
i have a medium for harry and i need the large now :roll:
he's 20lb and not fat but the medium is way too small for him to be comfortable!!

i might sell it on ebay or keep it for cav no 2 icon_whistling