• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

To breed or not to breed

Bruce H

Last week Gudrun posted about a neighbor that was trying to find a male for her Cavalier so that she could breed her girl, but didn't appear to have a clue about what she was doing.

Jane Anderson has a website about breeding that is excellent; it is http://www.learntobreed.com . She doesn't give a lot of answers to how to breed, but she does ask all the questions that you should know the answers to before you breed. She also has a very extensive list of books available on breeding.

I highly recommend this site to anyone who is contemplating breeding or anyone who is just interesting in breeding; it's a very informative site and may be a real eye-opener for some.

Every now and then someone makes a comment to me or my wife about how much money we make selling puppies; as Jane says somewhere on her site, "If you learn how to make money breeding, please contact me urgently". You have to decide to get into breeding for the love of the breed and to try to improve the breed because you sure won't make money at it (or at least Kris and I can't).

I hope you find the site as interesting and informative as I have.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

Back