• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Dallas/Fort Worth - Texas

Heritage Cavaliers

Hello: I am new to this site but excited to talk with other cavalier fanciers. I have owned Cavaliers in the past but just recently started to show again - after many years now that my children are older (and don't scare the husband too badly).

I own three cavaliers - one I just recently started showing - and another I hope to start early 2006.

I would really like to say that I appreciate the fact that this seems to be a very positive fourm. It is also very apparent that there are some very dedicated and knowledgable individuals here.

Hi Janet and icon_welcome Please tell us all about your babies and post lots of pics - we love cavalier pics :D

This is the best Cavalier site I know of, thanks to Karlin icon_flowers

icon_welcome and yes, it's a friendly crowd here, though constructive argument is also welcomed! 8) :lol: I second the vote for pics of your doglets for our gallery; and some of those who show will be glad to have another to chat with about that angle of cavalier ownership, I'm sure!

THank you

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words. Yes, I would love to post more photos add to the gallery.

Currently, I am showing in the AKC - I have thought about CKCS but it seems there are not as many shows in my area. I only have a "limited" background in showing and it was all in AKC matches (so I am unfamiliar with CKCS). If anyone can share experiences with the CKCS I would love to hear.

oh ... all the photos are SO LOVELY!

If you can, I would suggest going to the CKCSC show just to check out out. Might as well, considering you're so close! It's just a different club with slightly different rules (different classes, for one). It's always fun to attend CKCSC shows because there are just so many wonderful and beautiful Cavaliers and their owners all in one place! And lots of great vendors to tempt you. :)

You can bring your pups as long as they're over 6 months and well behaved. The shows are all indoors in hotels which makes for a nice, classy setting. And the judges write up critiques on all the dogs that place, so you can know what they thought of your dog.

I promise you will not be disappointed!

Dallas show

LOL … you have tempted me .. the more I think about it – the more reasons I see for going. Thank you again for the info.

Here is question – how can I add a photo to my name?

a little more about me ...

Here is a little more about me….

My husband and I have two boys (aged almost 3 and almost 5) and our 3 Cavaliers – which are just like our kids.

Dory is our oldest cavalier – she is a BL. She is so sweet and loving that I would not take the world for her! We had a scare several years back when as a puppy we thought she had SM (I can say that there is a world of information on SM as compared to several years ago) – but she was diagnosed with a deep inner ear infection following a 2 month bout with kennel cough/pneumonia. Her sister, unfortunately was lost to pneumonia.

Misha was our second cavalier – when I saw him I just fell in love – and he continues to melt my heart. Misha is who I am currently showing. I enjoy showing – all the prep – the atmosphere – all the beautiful dogs – I can not explain it, but I guess it is one of those things you either love or you don’t. I had shown another breed in college – and saw the opportunity to re-enter this hobby now that my boys are a little older and not so much of a handful.

Aime is our third cavalier – her breeder is somewhat of a mentor to me – and Aime is such a beautiful compliment to Misha. I hope to show her starting in 2006 once I have more experience “under my belt” – her lines are slower to develop so I am holding her back while I concentrate my efforts more on Misha. The funniest thing about her, is her expression – she looks as though she is pouting all the time – she is a very mischievous little girl and this look is very fitting…LOL Just the other day I watched as Aime took all the chewies and placed them up on the coffee table to hide them from Dory and Misha – one by one – the whole time she is acting all nonchalant – and the look I got when I went to get them – I still laugh a little to myself when I think about it.

Well, I feel like I have been talking forever -

Hi and welcome to the board. You will learn so much from everyone. Where in Dallas/Fort worth are you? I live in Arlington. I am planning on going to the show, if I can. With 4 human kids, it gets a little busy around here.

Back