• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drooling

edel

My friend got two cocker spaniel puppys recently, two sisters, so cute! I brought lady for a visit last night and they were rather a bit too much for her. She insisted that she sit on my lap the entire time while the puppys tried to jump up and bite her tail :lol:

Anyway when she was down she started drooling profusely, it was all on her ears and running onto the floor. This never happened to her before. Does anyone know why this happened. Thought it was rather odd.

Anxiety -- dogs often do this when they are worried and anxious. That's why she also wanted to be in your lap. It's really good to have Lady meet new dogs like this so she doesn;t end up being afraid so don;t worry to much that she was drooling. Next time, try encouraging her to mix a little -- ignore her if she is whiny and attention seeking or she will learn this is how to get you to respond, but sitting in your lap is fine. You could try introducing a couple of toys or have them all sit for treats -- little things that getb her to feel it is fun and safe to be part of a group.

Having the puppies over sounds fun for you though and I'm sure will seem fun for Lady too before too long!

Should add that because you were at their home and not at yours, this probably made her anxious too as she was in an unfamiliar place. Why not invite the puppies to your place next time and see how she does? I bet she will be more confident!

Yep, Karlin's right (as usual ;) ) It was just a case of nerves LOL

Ask the puppies to your house, as Karlin says and I bet you'll notice a difference in her behaviour :D

Back