PDA

View Full Version : Harness

Fi
21st November 2005, 04:04 PM
I am trying in vein to buy a harness for my babies......

i liked the puppia ones but unfortunatly i cannot find how to actually buy one on line!

any help would be apricated, i have been converted!!

also it doesnt have to be puppia but i dont like the leather harness i think they would be hard, id like some padding. also can someone reccomend the size for a cavallier or are they fairly standard?

thanks in advance

Karlin
21st November 2005, 05:09 PM
You can order them from http://petlondon.com/

I found a medium was plenty large for Jaspar who weighs about 7kg and a small or medium will work on Leo, who is 6.5 kg.

Pet-bliss.ie also has some harnesses but I wouldn;t recommend the Coastal harness as it tends to tighten while they walk and you have to keep adjusting it (if you have a puller).

Fi
21st November 2005, 05:24 PM
thanks got to run, i ordered 3!!!!!

Karlin
21st November 2005, 06:53 PM
Now you'll have to get pics of them in their harnesses to add to the Puppia gallery!! :lol:

Fi
21st November 2005, 06:57 PM
i really wanted a pink one but it would clash with ruby colours :(

Moviedust
21st November 2005, 07:23 PM
Are these harnesses for the puppies or for the grown ups? I have abstained (everyone applaud at my willpower!) from getting a puppia for Cedar until she's full grown. Have you found a harness that adjusts small enough for puppies??

Darby's Mom
21st November 2005, 09:18 PM
Hi Moviedust!
I was in the same predicament with Darby that you are in with Cedar. How much does Cedar weigh right now? Darby is now 7 months and 13 lbs. I bought a medium Puppia harness for her about 3 months ago. Yes, it was too large around the neck, but the chest is so adjustable, that part fit perfectly! Albeit a little large when I got it, she still could not get out of it, it was still VERY comfortable for her, and I wanted to give her room to grow! When she walked on a leash, the neck portion pulled back slightly, and it looked like a perfect fit! :lol: She's just now beginning to fill it out (although it's still a little loose around the neck! :D ) The medium has worked very well for us, as I think Darby will eventually end up around 15 lbs.

Keep in mind, you can always just bite the bullet and purchase two different sizes, and when/if Cedar outgrows the small, you'll just have to get another Cav puppy to fill the smaller one!! (*oh, darn!*) icon_whistling

Moviedust
21st November 2005, 10:10 PM
LOL Hand-me-downs! Perfect!!

Cedar is just over 4 mo old, and is is right around 7 pounds. She's small, and probably wont get much over 10-12 pounds. The little cat/dog harness she has now will be outgrown soon. Do you think the small that you got originally would fit her now? I might as well just buy a small and then wait for her to grow into it. :S

Karlin
22nd November 2005, 01:29 AM
At that size, the small would just fit and if she only grows to anything under 16 lbs, a small will still fit. Leo weighs 15.5lbs and the small fits him fine; it's actually a better fit than the medium. At 7 pounds, any harness designed for small toy breeds will work -- like a mini yorkie or maltese size harness.

Fi
22nd November 2005, 08:27 AM
i bought one small and 3 mediums, i only hope they fit, but i was trying to change one of the sizes but the site is quite hard to use as it does not let you change your options before payment.

or else i was being blonde and doing it wrong!!!

Karlin
22nd November 2005, 12:56 PM
You can ring them to change the order, if it hasn't been shipped. I spoke to them a couple of times regarding my order, to discuss sizes etc. They encourage you to ring to sort out any questions; there's a number on the site.

In general a medium will fit cavaliers up to about 9 or 10kg; a medium is loose on Jaspar and he's 7kg. A small would fit him too, but only just.

petitchien
22nd November 2005, 03:17 PM
Hi Fi,

I hope you managed to get your sizes sorted out ...
When I bought our puppia I ordered it in Sept from
bowsawowsa.com (based in the States)
and I found them excellent... I, like you, had given all my details and decided I wanted to change the colour so I sent them an email to their customer care (customerservice@bowsawowsa.com) and they responded back straight away and were extremely professional and helpful.

I had it all within 5 working days...would totally use them again too as it wasn't too expensive at all and the service was great ....

Hope the petlondon was as good.....
Looking forward to seeing your photos...

Fi
22nd November 2005, 03:43 PM
oh i cant wait to get these, but the postal system in Ireland is crap so i am not holding my breadth, if i get it before xmas think i will be doing well

petitchien
22nd November 2005, 03:46 PM
Hey Fi,

I live in Ireland .. in Dublin and I was pleasantly surprised by the postal system (for once!!) so fingers crossed ......

Fi
22nd November 2005, 03:54 PM
oh excelent, im smiling now!!!!

it was ordered yesterday evening so we cant count that!

petitchien
22nd November 2005, 04:00 PM
No, no ..... can't count yesterday ..... but should be interesting to see how long it does take !!!

Fi
22nd November 2005, 04:03 PM
I just know they are going to look so cute. i love the green colour, looked lovely in the pic on here with teh dog laying down! he must have enjoyed his walk!

Jo B
22nd November 2005, 07:41 PM
Fi Im currently waiting 2 weeks for my order

I do hope it gets here before the new arrival icon_whistling

Darby's Mom
22nd November 2005, 07:48 PM
Hi Moviedust,
Yep, the small should fit her perfectly! :D

Ste
22nd November 2005, 09:21 PM
I ordered one from the States last week and it arrived this morning, talk about speedy delivery :D

Cody looked quite fetching in her pink puppia harness when down the park this evening.

Karlin
22nd November 2005, 11:12 PM
What site did you order from; I tried one and they rejected the order as they wouldn;t ship to Ireland!

Ste
22nd November 2005, 11:54 PM
Here you go, they've got some nice coats too and the i'm very tempted to get her a bathrobe icon_whistling

http://www.bowsawowsa.com/index.php?cPath=34

Karlin
23rd November 2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah, think that's who I tried to order from before and they wouldn't ship! I'm going to go see if I can find the thread where we discussed this before as I mentioned the name there.

Fi
23rd November 2005, 08:46 AM
I ordered one from the States last week and it arrived this morning, talk about speedy delivery :D

Cody looked quite fetching in her pink puppia harness when down the park this evening.

do you have a picture you can share with us of her in the pink harness, i am absoloutly nuts about that colour! would love to see wht it looks like with teh colourings of the pup.

thanks

petitchien
23rd November 2005, 09:40 AM
Hi Karlin,

I know you mentioned this before as we chatted about it and you mentioned that Bowsawowsa (great name isn't it) wouldn't ship to Ireland and it was in Sept at the same time that i got mine shipped from them no problem??

Maybe you got a bad link to the site?

They do deliver and it's a great site so hopefully you'll have better luck this time and sort out what was the problem ..... very strange right ......

Karlin
23rd November 2005, 12:36 PM
No they actually REFUSED the order and refunded the charge on Paypal -- with an email that said they would not ship to international destinations.

No big deal, I believe www.pet-bliss.ie is going to be carrying the Puppia range shortly! Maybe Fuzziebear will update as she runs pet-bliss.ie.

petitchien
23rd November 2005, 12:47 PM
Refusing business !! Not the best business acumen I've heard of !!!
Still there's enough choice out there to go elsewhere ... will check out that site you mentioned in a while to see their puppia range ...

Am going to place an order with bowsawowsa for their booties (just adorable!!) and their micro towels and will let you know how I get on ....

petitchien
25th November 2005, 06:19 PM
Well I ordered from http://bowsawowsa.com/index.php?cPath=34

and I couldn't resist the little fleece jackets !!!

Steom, I know it's not exactly the bathrobe (which is adorable) but I can't wait to see it on Gizmo .... I got the camoflague one as the only other choice was pink and I'm not convinced that my little man would "do" pink!!

Will let you know what it looks like and as soon as I'm hooked up at home on internet , will post photos in the photo gallery ....

petitchien
2nd December 2005, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

Well I got my little fleece jacket and also a raincoat (with lighter detachable fleece) yesterday ........

They look amazing ..... and he looks so cute in them .....

Karlin - if you ordered a specific range of apparel they don't ship to Ireland .... maybe that's what happened in your case?

Will HAVE to put photos on soon ...