• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What time do you feed your Cavalier

Linda

Since we have put Dudley back on raw he is always holding out for the
chicken necks or a meaty bone.
We have decided he eats best after dinner is done and gone, usually if
we put his food down around 8:00 p.m. he will gobble it all up.
If we put it down any earlier, he will always wait to see if he is going
to get something that will fall from the table accidently by my hubby :shock: :shock: :shock:
He gets a chicken neck in the morning also around 7:30 a.m.
This seems to be working out great for us.

Just wondering what time you all feed and if you follow a schedule.

Darby gets a small meal when I get up in the morning, light veggies as an afternoon snack, and a small meal around 10:30pm (I generally don't go to bead until 1am).

I feed them one meal in the morning but they get little trerats during the day, little tiny biscuits or veggies.

Our crew gets fed in the morning, usually between 7:00 and 8:00. Then a couple small treats during they day.

Abbey's food is split into two feedings, one in the morning and one in the evening. During the day she has her Kong stuffed with veggies or small treats.

My two get their 'breakfast' around 9am and then their 'dinner' around 5.30pm (it's really just one meal split into two). They get a few carrot batons in the day time and when hubby gets up he always gives them half a gravy bone each.

Indy's food is split into two feedings, one in the morning. and one in the evening. During the day he gets a biscuit or fruit.First meel is something like B.A.R.F. and other is sometimes Royal C. or B.A.R.F again.

Mine get fed early am before I go to work. By feeding time they are pulling me by the pants leg to the dishes....they are like clock work but silly pups their clock gets 5 minutes earlier each day. They also have a couple treats thruout the day.

3:00 on the dot whether I like it or not!!! Jake will start staring at me at 2:55 getting ready. When I was on vacation they had to wait for hubby to get home to feed them, oh my, sometimes as late as 4:00!! :shock: I've been trying to vary their feeding times so they aren't on quite so much of a schedule!

My crew gets fed twice per day. Shih Tzus need to eat at least twice a day, otherwise they can vomit yellow foamy stuff if they go too long without eating. So Charlie will be on their schedule. Mine get 1/2 cup total food per day, split 1/4 cup over the two feedings - this amount also allows for a couple treats per day. I feed them at 6am and 2pm.

Robbie is currently eating 3 times a day (at 5 months old)..I have to feed my lab 3 times a day do to bloating so I've just been splitting Robbie's meals up to...I keep thinking I should get him down to two but I would have to do something to keep him away from the lab while he's eating as they are both voracious (sp) eaters..LOL

If you are getting a puppy your breeder should advise what they are currently on and continue with that - up to 12 weeks should be on four meals a day - we did ours 7.30, 1, 5.30 and 8, after 12 weeks down to 3 meals, 7.30, 1 and 6.30. At 6 months down to 2 morning and evening, Woody is still on 2 meals and Busta is only on 1 cos he can't be bothered to eat in the morning.

debjen said:
Robbie is currently eating 3 times a day (at 5 months old)..I have to feed my lab 3 times a day do to bloating so I've just been splitting Robbie's meals up to...I keep thinking I should get him down to two but I would have to do something to keep him away from the lab while he's eating as they are both voracious (sp) eaters..LOL

I would think that if you are feeding a regular meal just split into three servings you shouldn't have to change things. Like you said...it's a schedule that fits your lab for the bloating issue. So...let him eat 3 smaller meals rather than 2 larger meals...just make sure you don't over feed.

Back