• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Concerned about cavaliers and puppy farms? Please read!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Most of our board members will be aware that Ireland produces enormous numbers of cavaliers in puppy farm situations and also exports them abroad, especially to the UK and US.

You can help us here in Ireland stop this trade, by something as simple as writing one letter to our Minister for the Environment, who is deciding whether to implement a report on regulating large breeders and ensuring dogs are properly bred and reared. This is at least a start to curbing this very serious international problem. Cavaliers are one of the most popular breeds to "factory farm" in these terrible conditions (confined to small cages or dark rooms or cold outbuidlings, often sick and covered in their own and others' urine and feces). You will be helping so many cavaliers that live in this hellish situation.

You can read more here:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=953

I've added a link to the radio programme where vet Pete Wedderburn discusses the issue and also there's a press release with background to the issue and a sample letter

Karlin,

I would love to help but i wouldnt know where to start. How would this letter go and who exactly should I write to it to?

If you click on the link in my first post, you will get some background information and a sample letter that you can either use or rewrite or base a new letter on, as you might want to add something in about cavaliers. Anyone can write so I encourage our friends across Europe and North America to add a letter if they would like. Emails are not considered on the same level as an old fashioned letter -- which the government must formally acknowledge -- which is why we are asking for letters for this campaign. Remember if you are outside Europe that you will need airmail postage, though two regular stamps should get it here. :)

Back