PDA

View Full Version : Puppia at Christmas...

Nicki
1st December 2005, 05:45 PM
Adelaine has some wonderful Christmas Puppia goodies - including Santa/Father Christmas outfits icon_heartthrob

This is whom I obtained my Puppia harnesses from - the sevice is brilliant, delivery has been 7 - 10 days which I think is pretty good from the States to the UK!! Also the prices are very good.

If you're not sure about the sizes, you can e-mail your dog's measurements too.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blazenskyy-Pawtisserie-and-Boutique_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ0QQftidZ1QQtZkm

Rippleoak
26th May 2006, 02:17 PM
Can I ask what size Puppia you get for your Cavaliers? I know they vary in sizes but have been asked to order one, for my mothers 15lb, fairly small built Cavalier, but her measurements were hopeless.

Karlin
26th May 2006, 02:59 PM
If you are talking about the harness that about 5 million of us now have :lol: :lol: -- a medium would fit but Leo who is 15.5 lbs wears a small and it fits him fine. However he also can wear a medium.

Rippleoak
26th May 2006, 03:02 PM
If you are talking about the harness that about 5 million of us now have :lol: :lol: -- a medium would fit but Leo who is 15.5 lbs wears a small and it fits him fine. However he also can wear a medium.

Thank you! Yes, Sorry, I did mean the Puppia harness. Where have I been? I have never heard of them! :sl*p:

Nicki
27th May 2006, 07:28 PM
Michelle, you must have been on a different planet to have missed the Puppia harnesses LOL

My boys are all in mediums - they are in the 19lb to 24lb ish range - the waist straps are adjustable...but the safety harnesses - the ones with four clips come up a different size, Rupert is in a large for that.

This is the safety harness

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Puppia_MG_1013-01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Puppia_MG_1008-01.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Puppia_MG_1010-01.jpg

If you put in a search for Puppia on here, I'm sure you will find LOTS more about them!!

judy
28th May 2006, 05:41 PM
i got one on ebay months ago, but it was way too small for Zack. It was a small. I didnt' measure him but just weighed him and at the time he was under 15 pounds. Maybe i weighed him wrong. Anyway there was no hope of him fitting into it. there were lots of them on eBay. i think i paid about $20 or $24 including shipping.

Kingofthehouse86
29th May 2006, 06:36 AM
King is 18 lbs but is broad chested...so im guessin meduim rit...plus i cant believe i've never since these b4 been to a lot of ckcs sites, read books/mags but nuttin ever mentioned them :sl*p:

fuzzie bear
31st May 2006, 03:53 PM
I must just have fat dogs... lol

My two fit into larges !!

petitchien
1st June 2006, 05:00 PM
Our 2 are mediums .... although the medium is still a little large on Charlie but she's growing into it !!!

brid kenny
8th June 2006, 02:25 PM
What is a puppia and why is it so special?

Nicki
8th June 2006, 04:22 PM
Brid, Puppia is short for Puppy Utopia. They make wonderful items for dogs, that are practical as well as fashionable.

The harnesses are all washable, which for my troop is esential!!

The safety harness pictured above is especially good for those with Syringomyelia and other health problems, as you don't have to pull it over the head like you do most harnesses.

The other Puppia's are a bit cheaper, and are very comfy for the dog to wear, and most importantly don't put a strain on the dog's neck - which is especially important in this breed.

As you will see they are a favourite with many on this board!!

Linda
9th June 2006, 03:49 AM
Dudley is 16.4 lbs and he wears a medium.
Darby is 4.8 lbs and he wears a small
They are great and they really really help with the pulling.

Karlin
9th June 2006, 01:28 PM
Hi Brid --

My two were in Puppia harnesses when I was at your place. Actually our Puppia fanaticism was started by one of our Icelandic board members who posted a pic of her dog wearing this cute little red harness. I asked who made them and the rest is history! :lol:

They are the best harnesses I have come across in that they are not easy for the dog to slip out of, are adjustable and very cute too. Plus the design means if you have a dog that pulls, that force is spread all across the chest not just at a couple of points. And they do wash really easily by hand or machine.

In Ireland you can order them from Fuzziebear's site:

http://www.poshpaws.ie

Well she ships anywhere so you can order them from the UK too. There are various sites in the UK that sell them, including Nicki's link above and www.petlondon.com. Lots of places in the US sell them like www.bowsawowsa.com.

BTW I think the Pet London sizing is way off. They recommended larges for cavaliers but I had to send them back for Jaspar (16.3 lbs) and Leo (14.5 lbs). They wear a medium and a small, though Leo could also wear a medium.

Karlin
9th June 2006, 06:00 PM
Also: Fuzzie Bear will be bringing some Puppia and other items including harnesses to the Phoenix Park get-together on the 18th so anyone interested in checking these out can see and buy them there. She has some nice stuff on Posh Paws and also Pet Bliss and I'm sure if anyone wants to place an order in advance they could collect it on the day, too. ;)