PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers in shelters

WoodHaven
1st December 2005, 09:09 PM
How can people let their animals get into such shape? Here is a cavalier in a shelter (PEOPLE ARE on their way to get him!!)
http://www.sisaveapet.com/showpage.php?page=detail.htm&id=10721&sid=1

Now picture rows and rows of cavaliers in a puppy mill, some that look worse than this one. That is why LSCR goes in and gets them. This is why I can't go to auctions <I would probably get in trouble>.

Karlin
1st December 2005, 11:03 PM
Looks like a bad case of mange. Poor little thing. Glad he will be rescued.

Cathy T
2nd December 2005, 01:19 AM
Poor little thing. So glad someone is going to get him. No matter what he still has that adorable cavalier look to his face doesn't he?!

Jo B
2nd December 2005, 01:03 PM
icon_yikes OMG the poor dog icon_crying

joanna
2nd December 2005, 01:49 PM
It's absolutely awful, especially when there are so many people who would give a good home. Since we got our dog I am addicted to the rescue programmes on animal planet and I always end up really upset.

WoodHaven
2nd December 2005, 03:28 PM
The rescue associate that got in touch with me about this dog warned me that this shelter is a kill shelter and to call before we sent someone-- Yikes-- thank goodness we already had someone on the way.
He was picked up, and it isn't mange -- It is a bad case of fleas (easier to treat!!). He also has a corneal scratch. He seems otherwise healthy (teeth, heart- good) and he HAS the cavalier sweetness. I am very thankful for all the wonderful rescue volunteers! I hate to think about how close this boy came to being pts.

petitchien
2nd December 2005, 03:55 PM
That poor little thing .... I really am still amazed how people can treat animals like that ... then I realise if they can do horrible things to fellow adults/children, why does it shock me that they follow it on to little defenseless animals .... Thank God this one was rescued.....

Claire
2nd December 2005, 04:47 PM
It is so sad, I look at these websites and sit here crying, how could people do this...... they are so harmless and do not judge people :(

WoodHaven
2nd December 2005, 05:44 PM
This sad looking boy has already found a great home. He went from fighting to stay alive on the streets, to being put in a kill shelter-- to going to live with the vet that is treating him. This boy is going to think he's in heaven.

petitchien
2nd December 2005, 05:47 PM
That's fantastic Sandy .... what an uplifting note to end the working day and with which to start the weekend !!!!
I can still see his sad eyes just pleading for a little love .... looks like he's going to get A LOT OF LOVE from now on ....... icon_banana ;) icon_banana ;)

Maxxs_Mummy
17th December 2005, 10:13 PM
Wonderful news Sandy. I couldn't see the picture but it's just as well, neglected animals always upset me and even more so when they are cavaliers :cry:

Cathy T
18th December 2005, 12:47 AM
Excellent news Sandy, brought tears to my eyes to hear this little guy is going to get the best possible care. Just breaks my heart.

Went to the mall today and of course, there's a pet store that sells dogs. I was listening to man tell his children that even though the dogs looked happy this was not the place to buy a dog. I kind of followed them around to hear what he had to say and was so encouraged that he was explaining it properly to his kids.