PDA

View Full Version : For All U Irish Puppia Lovers!!!!

Norah
7th December 2005, 03:50 PM
For All U Irish Puppia Harness Lovers!!!!

I was conpemplating buying a puppia harness from the US and having family send it over to me until I went to Blanchardstown yeaterday!

And a visit to Blanch always includes a visit to the petstop superstore!!!!!

I walked in the door and right in front of me was the famous (well on this site anyway) Puppia harness'. They have them in pink and red, sizes S M & L.

I got Roxy a lovely pink one, not sure if its the right colour with the blenheim, but its stilll very cute!!!!

And the best bit of all is its only .................................................. .................................................. .....

E22!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Ste
7th December 2005, 05:52 PM
Thats a great price. I was down there last week and they had Puppia outfits but no harnesses. I'll have to pick one up tomorrow, just to have as a spare icon_whistling icon_whistling

Jo B
7th December 2005, 06:48 PM
icon_yikes I must make a visit there the weekend icon_whistling

:shock: at the price I paid $30

Lorraine
7th December 2005, 07:05 PM
I'm off to Blanch tomorrow so. actually, it's open till 9 tonight, might send my manslave on an little errand icon_whistling

Norah
8th December 2005, 12:41 AM
Lorraine
Its open til 9 every night if u need to send your manslave on any further errands :lol: :lol: :lol:

petitchien
8th December 2005, 11:19 AM
Excellent, excellent news .....

Great price too ....

Think that a visit shall have to be done soon ..... have one puppia harness + lead but maybe a spare???

Ste
15th January 2006, 06:58 AM
Pet-bliss are stocking puppia harnesses now too. They seem to be the click on ones too so you don't have to pull them over the dogs head, more expensive than the regular ones though !

http://www.poshpaws.ie/acatalog/Harnesses.html

Karlin
15th January 2006, 02:08 PM
Blanch carries some of the bed and clothes too; my prob was I didn't want pink or red! Whackers on Parnell St now also carries some Puppia, and I knew Pet Bliss was planning to carry it so glad to see they have a site for posh pets! :lol:

petitchien
16th January 2006, 08:45 AM
Wow they are are more expensive ... still if for really special occasions I guess??? Other than that, I'll still to Blanch ..... I was there over the weekend and they are apparently planning to extend their colour range !!! So no more just 2 colours to chose from ....... yeah ....

Karlin
16th January 2006, 05:30 PM
Nicki posted elsewhere about that houndstooth Puppia harness. It is a nicer harness for SM dogs in particular, as it doesn't need to be pulled off over the head.

jeni
1st February 2006, 02:17 PM
Can anyone tell me from experience if the Puppia harness is good for dogs that like to "pull" on their lead? My dog pulls her lead bad and I wondered if it has plastic fittings or if it was pretty durable and wouldn't come un-hooked?
Could it possibly help keep the dog from pulling as much? I have seen colars out there that prevent pulling but I never dare would use those spikey things icon_yikes
Thanks-

edel
1st February 2006, 03:05 PM
I didnt have a particularly good experience with the puppia lead that i got with my harness. As alot of you know the clasp on the lead broke while on a walk and gave me an awful fright. When I emailed the supplier they were happy to replace the lead with another identical one but I opted not to as I felt i could not trust this lead.

However I love the puppia harness but I just use a different lead.

jeni
1st February 2006, 04:00 PM
So the actual harness is pretty durable, I just need to use a different leash?

joanna
1st February 2006, 04:20 PM
I've been using the puppia for a few months now and I love it. I have never used the puppia leash just an ordinary extendable one.
Joanna

petitchien
1st February 2006, 04:42 PM
You don't need to get a specific leash for the puppia harness if you don't want to .... I do have the puppia harness and the puppia leash (only to have my colours matching !!)

I have used puppia since Gizmo was a pup (he's just over 1 yr now) and it's excellent ...never had any problems and it's great for those that do strain on the leash ......

Good luck and let us know how it goes ...

Moviedust
1st February 2006, 04:55 PM
Cedar has had her puppia harness for a while now. The only complaints I have about it are that it is a tight fit over the head with her ears and for some reasons she is scratching a lot at the bit that goes around her. I've checked and double checked; it isnt too tight. I wonder if the stiffness of the part that connects the front to the back pokes her or something. Not sure.

Next one I buy will be the one that has two clasps and doesnt go over her head.

edel
2nd February 2006, 09:45 AM
There is no problem with the harness, its excellent. But the lead i wouldnt be so sure about. :|

Jo B
2nd February 2006, 04:35 PM
Next one I buy will be the one that has two clasps and doesnt go over her head.

icon_thumbsup I will also be doing the same Tara gets mad when I put the harness over her head

petitchien
2nd February 2006, 04:45 PM
Wow I guess I must be lucky with Gizmo but he doesn't mind the harness going over his head at all .... he just can't wait to go out for his walks ....
I did get the medium for him though and there's plenty of room for ears and all .....

joanna
2nd February 2006, 04:52 PM
We have the medium also for Daisy Boo - plenty of room in that.

Jo B
2nd February 2006, 04:53 PM
She does love her walks but when the harness comes out she hides in her bed.

She is Tiny for 4 months and the small one is still a bit big icon_whistling

petitchien
2nd February 2006, 04:56 PM
That's gas ... when Gizmo sees the yellow harness and lead he jumps up, runs to your feet so you can put it on, then runs to the front door looking back constantly to see if you're keeping up!!

Jo B
2nd February 2006, 04:59 PM
Your so spolit :lol:

petitchien
2nd February 2006, 05:03 PM
Ah it works both ways !!!!!
Gizmo is so spoilt :lol: :lol: ;)

Ste
2nd February 2006, 06:58 PM
She does love her walks but when the harness comes out she hides in her bed.

When Cody sees the harness coming out she sits right in front of me wagging her tail like crazy and doesn't budge until she's all clicked in and has her lead attached. She's such a good girl icon_whistling

Moviedust
2nd February 2006, 07:15 PM
Cedar comes running---well, she goes to the door <rolls eyes>-- when she sees I have her harness. She doesnt mind going into it--it slips on easily that way. It's the getting the harness off that's more difficult. Her ears are more of a roadblock coming off. She fidgets sometimes, making it more difficult. Part of that could be that she knows that the harness coming off means no more outside. :S

Sally
2nd February 2006, 08:40 PM
Pixie loves her harness and is busy trying to stick her head in it before I have the darned thing ready. :roll: She goes nuts when you take it off.

Funny thing...the other day I heard her barking in the living room. Peeked out and it looked like she was barking at Max the Cat sitting on a table. A few minutes later I hear Max jump off...then Pixie comes running to me in the kitchen with her red harness sideways around her neck. I guess when Max jumped, he knocked the harness on the floor, and little Miss Pixie was trying to put in on herself! Silly girl! :lol: :lol:

joanna
2nd February 2006, 08:50 PM
Is Cedar wearing the small harness? Daisy Boo has a medium though the small one I have for Twinkle would fit her also (but it would be snug). The reason I ask is that DB and Cedar are the same age. BTW Twinkle is really reminding me of your early photos of Cedar, she is eleven weeks on Saturday and cute as a button.

Karlin
2nd February 2006, 11:37 PM
The only complaints I have about it are that it is a tight fit over the head with her ears

It's a size too small then I would think -- it really should fit easily over the head. Leo is fairly small and wears a small or a medium, but the small suits him best. It fits easily on his head. Next size up for Cedar would likely be better. The key thing for sizing really seems to be how they fit over the head, as everything else adjusts.

Moviedust
3rd February 2006, 12:57 AM
Cedar is wearing the small. It fits around her on; it isnt even close to being as big as it can be. There's still about 3 inches I could extend the "belt" part. And it fits over her head without any difficulty going on--it's the coming off that can sometimes be tricky. I havent weighted her in a month, but I guestimate she's around 8 pounds. (She's almost 7 months.) I'd be concerned that going to the medium would mean it would be too loose. What do you think?

If it is time to get a new size, then I will just have to get another baby cavalier to fill the small....

Claire
8th February 2006, 09:58 AM
I have the harnesses, and it has reduced the need for pulling, I just normally use the extension leads when walking my boys. If anybody has problems ordering, you can order from www.petlondon.com and I will forward via royal mail.... but check as I think that they can send to Ireland and US.... alternatively I can do a big shop and visit everyone when I win the lottery!!!!

Karlin
8th February 2006, 10:41 AM
Petlondon will send anywhere; they also have a warehouse in the US so US orders arrive directly. :)

One caution on extendible leads -- most trainers recommend not to use them in an urban environment though they are great in open areas away from traffic, such as parks or quiet roads. They can unlock very easily and a dog can accidentally run into the road; also, they pop out of your hands frighteningly easy. This happened to me about four times when Jaspar was a young pup (happens when you might not be paying attention for a moment and then they pull suddenly or dart off after something as puppies often do) and so I put them away except for the park. I know people who put those camera straps on the handles and then put the strap around their wrist to protect against dropping the lead entirely if it pops out of your hand. If you use them, the other strong recommendation from trainers is, buy the real extensalead brand, not cheap imitations (for example Lidl sometimes sells cheap knock-offs). These are far more likely to fail to lock or to come apart. Though breaking or coming apart pertains more to larger breeds that could strain the lead; cavaliers don't generally have that much strength!

Claire
8th February 2006, 11:55 AM
Luckily we live in a cul-de-sac and very quiet road, basically cross the road in front of our house and we are in Banstead Woods, which stretches for miles....... which is great only minus side is that we have to get in the car to get anything.... our leads were about 15.00 quid each, I can happily spends loads of money on the dogs, and hold back when I need to buy stuff for myself....definately need some new under wear, Busta has a fetish for thongs, they got hold of my clean ones (dirty clothes go in a big linen basket they cannot get into) and decided to have a game of tag on 4 pairs - for a soft jaw breed I had a fight to get them out of their mouths. icon_yikes

petitchien
8th February 2006, 12:04 PM
Csprice - don't get me started on a the "soft jawed breed" .....
Gizmo goes through alot of the chews in minutes !! For Christmas, my OH decided that we'd get him a HUGE chew with loads of chews on it which is designed for LABRADORS !!!!

This one lasted until last week and he's on his last chew which was on it at the moment... Gizmo fetish is socks !! :oops:
Although now it's only the odd one he goes for and when we see him with it he knows he's in the wrong as he runs over to the corner and just looks up with those adorable bug eyes and lets you take it from him .... They are just soooo cute :o :o