PDA

View Full Version : Bruce, Kris, and family

Bruce H
11th December 2005, 02:17 AM
Finally got some time to get a picture of Kris and I and our crew, including the not-so-cooperative Buck the cat. So hard to get a reasonable picture with everyone wanting to do their own thing. So, left to right, top: Isis and Eva. Left to right bottom: Penney, Dottie, Buck the cat, Star, Pixxey, Anna (laying), Kate, Cooper.
http://static.flickr.com/20/72228406_f29665bc1b_o.jpg
We tried to also get a picture of just the dogs, but that turned out to be impossible.

Mary
11th December 2005, 11:54 AM
Lovely family. Great pic. Thanks for sharing. Sure looks like cavalier heaven to me.

JaneB
11th December 2005, 04:41 PM
Great family shot, can't imagine how you were able to get them all in position. Buck must be a saint to endure all the puppy love he must get from the gang.
JaneB

Karlin
11th December 2005, 05:20 PM
That's a great picture. You have such beautiful dogs -- and yes, you can see why Buck wasn't all that sure he wanted to be in this particular photo shoot!

I can't even get my two to sit still for a pic. :) I keep thinking I have to set up a picture with me and the two dogs and get a friend to take it.

Bruce H
11th December 2005, 06:07 PM
I can't even get my two to sit still for a pic. :) I keep thinking I have to set up a picture with me and the two dogs and get a friend to take it.

That's what Kris and I had to do. We set the camera up on a tripod and got Kris' mom to take the pictures. I think we took something like 50 or 60 pictures. There is a time delay built into the camera, but you have to get up each time and reset it; I did some research and found there is a remote control for fairly cheap, so ordered one this morning. We'll see how that works.

Bruce H
11th December 2005, 06:07 PM

That's what Kris and I had to do. We set the camera up on a tripod and got Kris' mom to take the pictures. I think we took something like 50 or 60 pictures. There is a time delay built into the camera, but you have to get up each time and reset it; I did some research and found there is a remote control for fairly cheap, so ordered one this morning. We'll see how that works.

Jen
11th December 2005, 08:55 PM
What a great picture!! Nice job, everyone looks great!

Linda
12th December 2005, 04:16 AM
Hi Kris/Bruce

What a beautiful picture, how you ever managed to get everybody in and all posing so well.

Kris and yourself look so happy and you both have beautiful smiles.
It is nice to see folk smile.

brid kenny
4th May 2006, 06:05 PM
oh my god!
your dogs are gorgeous. are all of them house pets?
i have one and it's hard work!!
brid

judy
9th May 2006, 11:16 AM
bruce--that's one of the most awesome dog photos i've ever seen--all of them looking right at the camera, with one negligible exception, everybody in the picture looks so relaxed and casual, not really posed, even if that's an illusion. lovely picture. The humans are placed just right, and the couch compliments the picture so nicely. great shot. everybody in the picture looks great!

Finns Family
18th August 2006, 05:22 PM
OMG! how do you schedule lap times? lol. Cavlier heaven for sure:-) In your Avatar they all look like they are puupies at the same time? What are their ages if you don't mind me asking?

arasara
19th August 2006, 12:22 AM
Hey Bruce,

Haven't you gotten a few more since this? :rotfl: I think it's time for a new picture!! :p

I love the picture, by the way!! You must have had a lot of patience to get all of the dogs like that!! :)

Bruce H
19th August 2006, 12:40 AM
OMG! how do you schedule lap times? lol. Cavlier heaven for sure:-) In your Avatar they all look like they are puupies at the same time? What are their ages if you don't mind me asking?

In the avatar they are the 2 litters born at the same time that I wrote about in the breeding journal. In the picture there are the 9 we had at the time. We have since added Deuce (one of the tris in the avatar) and Grant & Chico, both rubies. They range in age from Penny who is going on 10, to Deuce, born last December.

Arasara, you're right it is about time for a new family picture. The trick is finding the time and getting everyone settled down. We try to keep an up-to-date family portrait on the mantle, but have been falling down on the job lately. Withe our kennel club's annual show coming up and a bunch of other miscellaneous things, it's been pretty hectic around here.

Charleen
19th August 2006, 03:22 AM
What a wonderful picture, but isn't one ruby missing? Didn't you just get 2 rubys? Was he shy for the camera?

WoodHaven
19th August 2006, 03:29 AM
What a wonderful picture, but isn't one ruby missing? Didn't you just get 2 rubys? Was he shy for the camera?

If I remember they have a female ruby-- and then they got two ruby boys this summer. The pic was actually from 2005. Bruce- correct me if I am wrong.

Charleen
19th August 2006, 03:35 AM
Thanks Sandy, that explains it. This was before the two new rubys come to live with them.

merlinsmum
19th August 2006, 05:08 PM
What a wonderful picture - I'd love to have so many - they must keep you busy!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remali
31st August 2006, 01:42 AM
What a great photo, everyone looks so happy! Except I bet the kitty's thinkin' "how'd I get in the middle of this?!" LOL!

Laura&Lia
12th January 2007, 01:48 AM
I can't imagine how you did that photo! your cavies are really beauties!!!

LOL, all them spread on the couch!

moniechris
12th January 2007, 01:58 AM
wow! I have never seen that shot before! I was just doing the math in my head and you have about $20,000 worth of dog sitting on your laps. :yikes Looks like heaven to me!!!!

Bruce H
12th January 2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks again for the compliments! Actually this photo is getting quite old; since it was taken, we have added 3 more to our crew, for a total of 12. Kris and I keep saying we have to get a more current shot, but we always seem to have something more pressing.

Sometimes I think we take on too much, especially Kris. She doesn't work a regular job any more and is home full time, but between adult dogs, puppies, rescues, boarders, shows, etc., seems like there still is not enough time. I'm looking forward to retiring (about 6 or 7 years) so I can help more and be more involved with the dogs.

Doggydad
12th January 2007, 02:25 PM
What a amazing shot of mom, dad & the crew. It obviously takes two great big hearts to do what you do with those angels.

Cudos to you both! :thmbsup:

Regarding the remote control idea you mentioned for self-group shots rather than disturbing the pose each time to get up and reset the camera. I don't have one yet but was thinking of trying it also. The problem I came with when thinking it out is how would you get the non-human subjects to look at the camera? Of course if you're looking for a more natural or relaxed pose than that wouldn't be a problem.

That's what's nice about having a third party there to assist. At the last second when everyone's in place the camera person can mash a squeaker or give out a shrill whistle then take the shot.

Anyway, awesome job! I can't even get half of ours to pose that long let alone all six!

Zippy
14th January 2007, 03:11 AM
Bruce,

That's a wonderful picture.....you and Kris have beautiful Cavvies!! :flwr:

enchantingdragon
23rd January 2007, 01:41 PM
What a beautiful family!

Rosewoodsteel
10th February 2008, 03:06 PM
Finally got some time to get a picture of Kris and I and our crew, including the not-so-cooperative Buck the cat. So hard to get a reasonable picture with everyone wanting to do their own thing. So, left to right, top: Isis and Eva. Left to right bottom: Penney, Dottie, Buck the cat, Star, Pixxey, Anna (laying), Kate, Cooper.
http://static.flickr.com/20/72228406_f29665bc1b_o.jpg
We tried to also get a picture of just the dogs, but that turned out to be impossible.

I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure you guys like Cavaliers. :)

Elaine 2
11th February 2008, 12:37 AM
Lovely photo Bruce, all your dogs are beautiful and not forgetting Buck

ruby2
18th March 2008, 12:44 PM
that is such a fantastic photo. i never thought anyone would own that many dogs. my god. i have only one.

very funny thought...do you walk them all together???? that would be funny.:dogwlk:

Bruce H
19th March 2008, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the nice comment. We occaisionally walk them a couple at a time, but mostly they have the run of our fenced back yard. It would be almost impossible to walk all our dogs, especially in the morning when they all have to go out at once! BTW, that's quite an old picture; here's a more current one http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=22548 :eek:. Hey maybe someday the showing and breeding bug will bite you and you will have more. We started with one...