View Full Version : Vets in Somerset, UK

6th February 2006, 06:45 PM
Can anyone recommend a vet in Somerset?

Rupert's family {with their humans :lol: } are moving to Temple Coombe and I'm trying to find them a good vet...

7th February 2006, 11:27 AM
Hi Nicki,

It'd probably be too far away but my neighbour used to use an animal hospital in Glastonbury (just down the road from B&Q as you head towards Wells). She always said how good they were. I used my local vets and whilst I had one good one who saved Maxx's eye (after the cat got him), I wouldn't really reccomend them, as they were grossly overpriced & you rarely got to see the same vet twice.

I much prefer continuity and to build up a rapport with a vet, a bit like Maxx and I have with 'Uncle James' our lovely vet :D In fact i wish i could have taken him with me when we spent the 3 years in Somerset with hubbies job!

7th February 2006, 11:50 AM
How about checking with the RSPCA in the area, they may have a few recommendations.

7th February 2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks Donna - sadly Glastonbury is a bit far, about 25 miles :(

We have an "Uncle Patrick" :lol: although not a Cavalier person, he's very good with them.

csprice - that's a brilliant idea, thank you. I will go onto their website and find the nearest rescue.

If others are looking for vets, there is a find a vet website, with all the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons registered vets on it here:

billys mum
10th February 2006, 01:35 AM
There's a great vet just off the moorland road in bath. WE used to take our animals there when I was a child. He is a really great bloke and cares so much about all the animals that go to see him, And if needed he accepts pdsa scheme too cavtiny cavtiny

13th February 2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks fot the recommendation - sadly Bath is a bit too far :(