• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Announcing FLORA - Fauna's new baby sister

JaneB

I couldn't help myself! One look and it was love at first sight. :D Fauna is so happy to have someone almost her size to romp with, two are really easier than one. Flora was the runt of the litter, but no one has had the nerve to tell her yet. She is fiesty and very confident, non stop antics. My husband, who by the way, is totally smitten by this little vixen. In fact, he is the one who took these shots. :roll:
JaneB

OOPs HERE is Flora

Well I guess it is an oops, I missed a step. Duh.

DSC_0022.jpg

flora2.jpg

flora1.jpg

[/url]

Those last 2 pictures look like mugshots!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Turn to the right!"

"Face forward!"

OMG!! She is a doll! What a perfect little blaze, and I love her stop on her muzzle!!

If you or Fauna ever get tired of her, I know of a GREAT home! icon_whistling

Yeah, right! Give her lots of smooches for me! She is absolutely adorable!!!

That little ethereal pixie face just screams, "I can get away with anything cuz my mum and dad think I'm an angel!) :lol:

oh my, the attitude. adorable. i'm guessing that fauna is the black and tan in the avatar picture. nice collection.

She's a beauty! You can see the determination in her eyes. Congratulations on your new addition.

What a beautiful addition ....a great looking family. Enjoy but keep sharing those pics.

OMG She is adorable !!!! I think Colby's markings/face is going to look very similar to Floras !! How old is she ? so whats the scoop ....did you just "go to look?" or was it planned ? Either way ....she's awsome ! Congrats !!

Here's the scoop. I went just to look at Flora and one of her litter mates, a little tri (which was the one I was originally "thinking" about). Then a few days later I once again went just to look but took Fauna with me. Fauna, (our B&T) at 5 months, is a pretty active girl and the poor little tri was scared to death of her. Flora, however, was all over her and held her own during play. So, that's the rest of the story. She is itty bitty but very much a wild child and has fit right in with Fauna and Rudy our bulldog. My husband is delighted that she seems to enjoy the photo sessions. If I post too many, please yell STOP!

JaneB

JaneB said:
Here's the scoop. I went just to look at Flora and one of her litter mates, a little tri (which was the one I was originally "thinking" about). Then a few days later I once again went just to look but took Fauna with me. Fauna, (our B&T) at 5 months, is a pretty active girl and the poor little tri was scared to death of her. Flora, however, was all over her and held her own during play. So, that's the rest of the story. She is itty bitty but very much a wild child and has fit right in with Fauna and Rudy our bulldog. My husband is delighted that she seems to enjoy the photo sessions.
Sounds like it was meant to be! :D
If I post too many, please yell STOP!

JaneB

You will NEVER hear anyone say no to puppy pictures!! there's no such thing as too many. (unless you saw how many pics of Rory I have on my computer... :oops: )

Good story Jane. Could you elaborate on "...two are really easier than one?" Sounds pretty persuasive to me.... :)

She really is a nice looking girl. And don't let those little ones fool you! I think they figure out how to stay small so they can get more food!

I know what you mean about 2 being as easy as one. They tend to entertain each other more and demand less of your time. So, while there are now 2 of them to feed and bathe, that extra time is offset by them playing together. Of course we'll ignore the extra time spent watching them play together!!

"...two are really easier than one?" Sounds pretty persuasive to me....

Perhaps I'm just kidding myself but it seems Fauna is less needy now that she has Flora to play with. Additionally, Fauna was pretty much housetrained when Flora arrived so it seems she is teaching her the ropes. I don't know that I would recommend two untrained kids at once. icon_yikes So far, so good, with the pottying routine. I think with there being two of them, they tend to stay outside (weather permitting) a bit longer to get their business done and tend to run off a little more energy. All in all, TWO is just TWICE as much fun! Their antics are a riot. I fully recommend having at least TWO. I certainly can see where folks get hooked on having these guys in multiples. I could easily become a Cavalier "collector."

JaneB

How old is Flora? Just makes me that much more excited to get my little ruby! The mom is due in the next few days and then I'll only have a VERY long 2 months to wait!!!

How old is Flora? Just makes me that much more excited to get my little ruby! The mom is due in the next few days and then I'll only have a VERY long 2 months to wait!!!

Flora's DOB is 10/28/05 - Fauna 08/28/05. Just two months apart but a very large difference in maturity. I think Bruce is right that they are lumps for quite a while but pick up speed very quickly. The two month wait will seem like forever but I'm sure it will be worth it!

JaneB

How cute is she!!!! Love those eyelashes! Isn't it funny how they all have their own different little personalities.
Julie and the girls

Back