• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

"Babysitting" swaps in Dublin?

finn

Hi all,

I'm new here which is why I can't figure out how to post a pic of my one and a half year old tri-colour cutie called Star :cry:

I was wondering if there are any other Dubliners who find themselves in the same situation as myself when it comes to going on holidays? We've tried various friends and some home-from-home boarding places but none have really been suitable and I always get the guilts when I come home.

I think the unique nature of these dogs means you really need someone who understands their wants and needs. Star needs lots of cuddles and laptime and from what I've read most King Charles are the same.

I would happily dote upon anyone's doggie for anyone who would be willing to do the same in return.

For anyone interested in pursuing this and perhaps even setting up a network of caring and reliable holiday homes for our furry friends, let me know. I'm in South County Dublin, near the beach where we walk every day. :D

Hi Finn, welcome to Cav Talk, the best way to post pictures is to register with www.photobucket.co.uk (.com) not sure, save you pictures in there (you may need to reduce by 50%)), then you can paste the of the picture to the message body as as img.

I homeboard with Cindy's Home Boarding in Blanchardstown which I can highly recommend. :) I can't do trades as I have indoor cats and no garden, which makes it difficult to keep other people's dogs.

i've just had to book Harry into accomodation for while i'm on holiday in tenerife this september, and it's cost me £320 for a week!!
he's going for a taster day on tuesday, and i'll put him in the day care there once a month until we go away and leave him for the week so he'll be used to it (i hope!!!)
would have much prefered to leave him within a home while i was away but didn't have that option :cry:
the website for them is www.triple-a-pets.co.uk and they are great, onsite vet, tv's and radios for the animals they'll even play a fave video/dvd to your pet to help them feel at home.
for a really pampered pet you can have "themed rooms"!!! :lol: :lol:

£320 seems sooooo expenses. That's around €450????
Thankfully i have a brother down in Kildare that will mind Holly for me. He has a very large St. Bernard, so hopefully he'll put a few manners on her.. :lol: :lol:
Yvonne

We're lucky too ... we have my sister/ brother in law and father all vying to mind Gizmo when we're away ....

and soon there'll be 2 to mind !!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Karlin I've heard of Cindy's from somewhere before, I must check it out for the next time. I noticed that you're sometimes looking for foster homes so just to let you know I'd be more than willing to help out if you're ever stuck.

Cheers,
Finn

I have 3 cavs and sometimes find muself in the same situation, im lucky that my parents take them sometimes but they live 4 hours away so it can be a pain sometimes having to drive back and fourth just to drop them off! Im in west dublin and would possible be interested in joining a group if other people wanted to do it or sorting something out . . .

Also, I would be iterested in fostering too!!

Back