Diet

Canine nutrition

1. Book Review: Give Your Dog a Bone by Dr Ian Billinghurst

Give Your Dog a Bone by Dr Ian Billinghurst BV.Sc.[Hons], B.Sc.Agr., Dip.Ed.

I’ve now got quite a collection of books that are about or cover in detail canine nutrition. With out a doubt this one outshines them all.

First up, I’d like to catch the attention of those who under penance of death will never feed their dog bones, or those who would never consider giving their dog un-cooked meats. Please don’t be turned off this book because it is about feeding a raw diet
    Categories
    Diet , Reviews
  2. Book Review: Dr Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats

Book Review: Dr Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats

by Richard H. Pitcairn, DVM, PhD & Susan Hubble Pitcairn

As I purchased this book to learn about the Pitcairn ethos of canine nutrition, it is primarily those pages I will be speaking about in my review here.

This is a large A4 sized book containing 466 pages covering such topics as canine & feline nutrition, grooming, creating a healthy environment for your pet and ...
    Categories
    Diet , Reviews
  3. 28th April 2007 - What's for tucker mum?

With the recent dog food recalls in the USA & Canada there have been an increasing number of posts from people who are considering changing their dogs to home prepared meals. Most express apprehension about what & how much to feed. As I recently switched my dogs from eating primarily kibble to home prepared, I understand their concerns. Though I am by no means an expert on canine nutrition, and am awaiting the arrival of some books on the subject, I have been feeding my dogs home prepared ...
    Categories
    Diet
  4. Book Reviews

I've done a couple of book reviews on the forum and don't want to lose where they are, so I thought this would be a good place to log them.

My Review: "Give Your Dog a Bone" by Dr Ian Billinghurst;

My Review: "The BARF Diet" by Dr Ian Billinghurst
    Categories
    Diet
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12