anniemac

Ella's bad news, Each dog is different

Rate this Entry
I am so thankful for the kind words and support I have received since I found out the news that her MRI results were not good. I have talked to several people when they first learn their loved one has SM and are scared and try to offer words of encouragement and support. I don't want her news to make anyone feel hopeless or think the worse. I know with surgery, there is a fear that scar tissue will form or other things, but I don't regret that decision.

That being said, Ella having surgery does not mean that surgery is the best option for every dog. That is what is so frustrating. There are many dogs that live several years on just medication and live a good life. Then there are some not as fortunate and Ella seems to be one that whether it is the scar tissue, her progression and not reacting to medication or whatever, I have to adjust my options.

I think everyone wants to know what to do. What is the best choice? How long do the survive? What is the success rates of surgery? All of these questions that I asked back in January. You don't know. Severity, progression is so different and even if I could look in the future, one thing I need to focus on right now is keeping her happy.

I have a lot of things and questions about what to do next. I know there are different issues when dealing with the position of scar tissue (I think). Should I put her through this again? All of these questions will be answered in time.

I just wanted to post this because I have had people contact me that are already scared and Ella's news made things worse. What we need to all do is remain positive. Be there for each other. Give our dogs the most love possible. Gather as much information as possible and pray for the best.

Thank you for your support and know that I will always think of the others that are going through this too.

Hugs and Kisses,
th_EMMASELLAPHOTO098.jpgAnne and Ella

Submit "Ella's bad news, Each dog is different" to Digg Submit "Ella's bad news, Each dog is different" to del.icio.us Submit "Ella's bad news, Each dog is different" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ella's bad news, Each dog is different" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments