Margaret C

A question that concerns pet owners too...Should MRI scan results be published?

Rate this Entry
As anyone reading my earlier blogs and my posts on the forum will know, I believe that getting results from the BVA/KC CMSM Scheme published is vital for the future of cavaliers.

It will ensure that breeders are honest about the dogs they use for breeding.
It will identify the much needed grade A stud dogs for responsible breeders, and it will let puppy buyers check that the litter is from health screened parents before they go & look & fall in love with a puppy.

So I want to ask everbody here, especially those with a SM affected cavalier or those who has just bought or are in the process of looking for their new family member. ..............Please find time to send an email to the BVA and KC, and ask any other cavalier owner with an opinion on the desirability for the results to be openly published, to do the same

The KC & BVA are the organisations most directly involved but a copy to the other addresses would be good.....

Diana Brooks-Ward ( KC )
diana.brooks-ward@thekennelclub.org.uk

Sandra Webber (BVA health schemes)
SandraW@bva.co.uk

Alan Waldron (Secretariat)
cawc@cawc.freeserve.co.uk

Heather Peck (Secretariat Dog Advisory Council) heather.peck@dogadvisorycouncil.org.uk

Marisa Heath (Secretariat APGAW) admin@apgaw.org

If anyone wants something to copy ( some people find these things daunting ) below is the gist of what I will be sending

Dear ?

Recent figures suggest that over 50% of Cavaliers aged five and above have SM, and even Cavaliers without SM are experiencing pain from CM alone.

Breeders and pet owners need help if this lovely breed is to have a future.

If the new BVA/KC Scheme does not go ahead with full publication of results, this painful condition will continue to get worse in the breed.

Responsible breeders need to know what problems they have in their breeding dogs or future generations of dogs and the pet owners that buy the majority of cavaliers will continue to face the pain, distress, and financial cost of SM.

The BVA/KC CMSM Scheme should publish its results as all the other official schemes do. There should be openness and transparency for breeders and pet owners alike.

Puppy buyers should be able to go to the KC's Health Results Finder to check the health status of the parents of a litter of puppies, and there should be a full explanation of the Scheme's grading system.

I hope that you will take these points into consideration when making the final decisions about the scheme

Best wishes, etc

Submit "A question that concerns pet owners too...Should MRI scan results be published?" to Digg Submit "A question that concerns pet owners too...Should MRI scan results be published?" to del.icio.us Submit "A question that concerns pet owners too...Should MRI scan results be published?" to StumbleUpon Submit "A question that concerns pet owners too...Should MRI scan results be published?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized