Caraline

30th June 2007 - The sun is shining again

Rate this Entry
I fixed Scarlett's little grave up today. Now that the sun is out and the ground has dried after weeks of rain, her little spot is rather a nice place for her to be. We live on acres, with part of the land being mown & made dog safe. The rest of the land has been left natural. It is our own little private wildlife sanctuary. This is where we laid Scarlett to rest. She is not too far from the dam and her area is surrounded gum trees, she oaks & native shrubs of many kind. I added some more soil to her grave and have placed some concrete pavers over the top, to keep her safe & to mark where she is. Right nearby I have planted a Weeping Willow that she will become a part of, and that will shade her for maybe hundreds of years. I've also bough a lovely scarlet Japanese Maple that I will plant in her honour. The bright red seems fitting for her.

It feels right to be still tending to her needs.

Submit "30th June 2007 - The sun is shining again" to Digg Submit "30th June 2007 - The sun is shining again" to del.icio.us Submit "30th June 2007 - The sun is shining again" to StumbleUpon Submit "30th June 2007 - The sun is shining again" to Google

Categories
Health

Comments