• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ruby gone in for her spay this morning!!

ruby2

Hi everyone. Ruby is gone in for her spay this morning. Its now 12.30. i left her in at 9am. They said to collect her at 3pm. It was really hard leaving her to someone else but it had to be done. I had a little second thought when i was giving her in saying to myself, god i would have loved to have had one set of puppies from her and have kept maybe her daughter.!!!! Then i swiftly gave myself a good slap across the head and said .....dont be so silly....what do you know about puppies etc?? You silly person you!!!! So she is gone in...I know its for the best. Im on pins here and i have my onesie and all ready for her...I'll update you later and take some pictures of her.....:(:eek:

I know, it's very very hard.It's just like leaving in a child for an operation.
It's over and done with by now and just look forward to putting it behind you and making a speedy recovery.
Sins

Thanks sins. the house is getting a great cleaning keeping me going until she gets home.:v*cuum::v*cuum:

I know exactly how you feel my Ruby had hers done a fortnight ago and she's fine :) She wanted to jump up at me straight away! That's been the hardest part stopping her charging round and jumping like a mad fool and having to watch her cope with the collar which she HATED! All back to normal now and you'd never know.I spent the day eating chocolate to cheer me up! Let us know how she is when she's home.

Thanks sins. the house is getting a great cleaning keeping me going until she gets home.:v*cuum::v*cuum:

i was the same yesterday hun, and i almost cried when i collected her cos as soon as she saw me she was crying and looking sore and fed up, but this morning my god you would never guess she'd had surgery!!!!!!!!!
big hugs hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh she'll be fine! Holly was all happy excited, didnt look in pain or anything when i went to get her. She didnt have that cone shaped collar on and had internal stitches.
She was a bit sleep once we were home.. but the next day was back to being her usual self!:D

i have to collect her at 3 pm. Im excited now to mind her for the night when she wont be well. I have her onesie ready.... I;'ll take photo later.
wahoooooooo thank god she is over it anyway. The rest we can handle.

It was funny this morning my mother was just starting to tell me what i should do with ruby when she comes home!!!!!!!!!!:jump:

I said mum i know it all from my site on the internet !!!! Which is just this one....i dont go to any other sites at all !!!!! So thank you all.....(y)

I'm sure you're off to collect Ruby as I write this, but nonetheless I have no doubt but that the surgery went well, and that Ruby will be her lovely self again tomorrow. :hug: :hug: to you for getting through the morning.

Hope Ruby is home and starting to feel a bit better :flwr: I'm sure she'll be spoilt rotten for the next few days :)

Thanks everyone ruby home. I did a fresh thread with photos if you want a look. Have one problem guys. The onesie is coming off all the time?????
It just fits her lengthways nicely. The one i had one was too long and she was standing on it. Now it is perfect on her but when she lies down it comes down from her neck and falls off that way/////what am i doing wrong????? What will i do for the night if she is at the stitches??? help....:eek:

I seen your photos she looks so cute,don't know what to suggest. I got Pippin spayed and as he had a testicle up in his abdomen he had much the same scar and stiches as a girl would while Gus only had a small scar. I stayed downstairs and slept with them the first night..but then I am a little mad when it comes to my boys! We had to get Pippin a collar the next morning..the little devil! I wasn't on this site then and never thought of the babygro idea. What size have you got her in..sounds like it may be a little too small when she is curled for lying?

Now it is perfect on her but when she lies down it comes down from her neck and falls off that way/////what am i doing wrong????? What will i do for the night if she is at the stitches??? help....:eek:

Hi! did you cut a slit in it for her tail to stick through? I cut a slit lenghtways accross where the clips are at her underbelly and put her tail through it. It didnt slip as much around Chloe's shoulders when I did this.

Good to hear she's doing well. Once she's comfy then I think she'll be just fine. Were you given any pain relief for her? Our vet gave me Metacam, and she had to have this each morning after the op for five days. As soon as I'd give it to her each morning she would sleep for about 3 hours!

Its amazing how quick they bounce back. This time tomorrow, she should be just fine and its just a matter of keeping an eye on the wound.

Good luck with the onsie....

Hi! did you cut a slit in it for her tail to stick through? I cut a slit lenghtways accross where the clips are at her underbelly and put her tail through it. It didnt slip as much around Chloe's shoulders when I did this.

Good to hear she's doing well. Once she's comfy then I think she'll be just fine. Were you given any pain relief for her? Our vet gave me Metacam, and she had to have this each morning after the op for five days. As soon as I'd give it to her each morning she would sleep for about 3 hours!

Its amazing how quick they bounce back. This time tomorrow, she should be just fine and its just a matter of keeping an eye on the wound.

Good luck with the onsie....
yes i have metacam to give each morning. i have tried 3 different sizes and each one slips down from the shoulders. i cut the slit across just above the clips for her tail..Maybe i didnt do it big enough ill try with another one maybe. :xfngr:

somebody has suggested in your other post to sew some slips to the neck area - that would be a good idea. Even if you had two of those little hook and eyes, you could put one on each shoulder. Or even some velcro strips.
I have to say, I kept it on her for the first 3 days and it really was a brilliant idea. If you can at all get it to stay on her, it will be well worth it. Especially for peace of mind at night time, to know that she wont be tearing at the stiches while your asleep.

Chloe's wound has really tightened up, and she had some slight bruising, which has already disappeared. Cant wait to get the stiches out now.

Oh by the way - I failed my test! :bang: Made an absolutely dreadful mistake (classed as a grade 3 - INSTANT FAIL!). To make it worse it was just as I had pulled out of the test centre :eek: The poor tester nearly jumped out of his skin. He still made me complete the 40 minute drive of terror, even though he failed me on that first mistake. The most annoying part is, the rest of the test I did perfectly. I only got 2 grade 2 marks against me (when your allowed 9) My stupid nerves just got the better of me :D Will just have to go again.....

somebody has suggested in your other post to sew some slips to the neck area - that would be a good idea. Even if you had two of those little hook and eyes, you could put one on each shoulder. Or even some velcro strips.
I have to say, I kept it on her for the first 3 days and it really was a brilliant idea. If you can at all get it to stay on her, it will be well worth it. Especially for peace of mind at night time, to know that she wont be tearing at the stiches while your asleep.

Chloe's wound has really tightened up, and she had some slight bruising, which has already disappeared. Cant wait to get the stiches out now.

Oh by the way - I failed my test! :bang: Made an absolutely dreadful mistake (classed as a grade 3 - INSTANT FAIL!). To make it worse it was just as I had pulled out of the test centre :eek: The poor tester nearly jumped out of his skin. He still made me complete the 40 minute drive of terror, even though he failed me on that first mistake. The most annoying part is, the rest of the test I did perfectly. I only got 2 grade 2 marks against me (when your allowed 9) My stupid nerves just got the better of me :D Will just have to go again.....

oh im sorry you didnt pass your test thats an awful pity...yes i will try stitching it on later. she is asleep at the moment and had a little chicken earlier thank god..

The poor little pet. I felt awful when we picked Chloe up from the vet. I felt she was looking at me and thinking 'why did you let them hurt me'. It breaks your heat to see them uncomfortable in any way. They are so dependant on you to keep them as comfy and pain free as possible.

Honest to God though - you will see a big difference even with one or two days of recovery.

If you could see my two at the moment - its happy hour! They are ripping from one end of the garden, right through the house and back again :dogwlk:
You would never believe that Chloe had anything done. She has my nerves shot though - I will be able to relax once the stiches are gone.

Ive applied for the test again - there is a test centre closer to home that I didnt know about, so I will do it there. It's in an area that I am really familiar with. I had yesterdays one done in Newbridge - an area I dont know at all. (Not that Im using that as an excuse or anything :D)

ok i have stitched the onesie to her collar as was suggested. Lets hope it works and that she wont strangle herself during the night !!!!!!!!:eek:

Oh, hugs to you and little Ruby. I am reading these spay threads like a hawk as our girl will get her spay the 2nd week of July. Looking forward to happy updates!!!

Back