• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

AARRHH! People these days!

murphy's mum

We were out in the car with Murphy today, heading down the coast road, when we see this dog trotting along:eek:. One car in front of us just missed it, and the second just kept driving!:mad: Obviously we stopped and I approached the dog, a brown and white Springer, who came over quite happily wagging his tail.

He was stinking, matted and very over-weight, but very happy to see us. He didn't have a collar on, but seeing as he was over-weight we thought he must come from around about. He jumped into the back of the car and lay down panting and not really breathing too good. We stopped in at a few houses, there aren't that many out that way, eventually a lady pointed us in the direction of a large house up on a hill. As we approached the house a black and white Springer ran down to the gate, again no collar on. I went in and a woman came out I asked her if she had lost a dog. She paused looked around, shouted 'Benson' and then said she probably had!:shock: 'He's got all this ground to run around on and he's still not happy' she laughed. I was not laughing, and said to her 'how does he get out?' She didn't have a clue. When I said to her about collars for the dog, she shugged and said 'it messes up their ruff'

I was fuming by this point, these dogs were both matted and she's worried about their collars rubbing fur! I tried to stay calm and pointed out that collars are a must, especially given Benson was an escape artist, said about Mirco-chipping, but had to give up in the end:bang:, as she just didn't care:mad:

I took her to the car, and said that he wasn't breathing too good, he should maybe she a vet but I doubt that will happen either.

Some people just can't be helped, am going to speak to the local kennels to see if they could get a warden out to speak to her or something

Poor Benson. Thank heavens he was not hit by that car.

I hope someone can do something to protect the welfare of that dog. It is sad that she seems to care so little.

It is so sad that his owner didn't care. It was very kind of you to pick him up, locate his house and take him home. The lady should have been so very thankful to you. Some people don't deserve to own pets. :mad:

First of all I am so pleased that you helped this dog! *ng*l

Secondly, this is, sadly, so typical of some people they tend to view dogs as "possesions" rather than family members/pets.........

God Bless your genorosity, may others follow your example :hug: :hug:

First of all I am so pleased that you helped this dog! *ng*l

Secondly, this is, sadly, so typical of some people they tend to view dogs as "possesions" rather than family members/pets.........

God Bless your genorosity, may others follow your example :hug: :hug:

So well said Cathryn. I couldn't agree more.

Back