• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Addendum to Bella's Post Op Day 3 FMD with Cranioplasty

maddy31

Thank you Sydney's Mom for your post. Yesterday was her actual POD #3. My comment of how she was doing was Day #2. I went late yesterday afternoon, and she looked much better. Her IV was out, so she was off the IV pain med. She immediately looked happy to see us wagging her tail. She made very good eye contact which she could not the day before. I had her walk around the room and she walked pretty well considering and wagged her tail the whole time like the Cavalier that she is, but she was a little weak. She yelped a little with some moving of her neck because of the surgery but no screams or scratching- just quick little cry- nothing like before and she didn't lift her right paw in pain like before (she would lift it a almost sideways like the pain was coming from the shoulder). I spoke with the doctor yesterday morning and asked if they could start weaning her off the IV meds as she looked horrible and zombied out, I doubt she was even getting up to drink water. I'm hoping she can come home tomorrow. They mentioned physical therapy but I'm not leaving her another week in a cage for short therapy sessions that she can probably do as an outpatient and recover better at home. They recommend it for neck stiffness, but she's moving pretty decently on her own. I wanted to mention her incision, thankfully, is pretty small contrary to photos I've seen online that looked about 3x longer in length. Last night was the first night I slept well in weeks, and I think Bella did too. :):paw::paw:

Back