• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Amber is home..UPDATE

Lisa_T

...and very groggy and quiet, poor baby. I'm assuming this is usual after anaesthetic, just as it is for humans? She's being very good and looks adorable in the babygro.

Holly on the other hand is driving me mad! Holly was perfectly good when Amber was out of the house, but now she's back- and Holly knows she's back- Holly won't settle. She keeps going round in circles and trying to get in the kitchen and when she does get in the kitchen sniffing around the crate.. and even barking to get out of the living room! I don't want them together tonight at all in case the sight of Holly excites Amber too much and she's under orders to be kept very quiet... so...!

Glad to hear that Amber is fine, if sleepy! :flwr: :flwr:

Sounds like Holly just wants to check on her, see what she's been up to...but Amber needs to rest for the time being.

Can I ask how long she is to stay quiet??

We've only ever had boys.....so it's only a matter of restricting jumping and stairs, once the anaesthetic has worn off.

I sure hope Mary Alice has already been spayed...time will tell!!!

We hope that Amber has an uneventful and speedy recovery! :flwr: :flwr: :paw: :paw:

Two days. Mainly to keep her off steps/stairs- easily done- and stop her from jumping- not so easy. I'm rather glad she's so groggy tonight, truth be told..

Thanks....2 days isn't too bad!

For the jumping, I'd just pick her up and carry her around as much as possible....then she won't want to be jumping.

Holly might not like it much, though....

I love your avatar....they have such innocent little faces...Cute!! :flwr: :flwr:

:updte::updte:

Tues, 1.32 am.
Yes, I'm still up. Amber, having snoozed happily all day, has suddenly decided she's had enough of playing the invalid. You should have heard the yowls. If someone creates an X-Factor for dogs, I'm sending her in :lol: :lol:

...but half past one in the flamin' morning!!!!! I don't want her to be bouncy. I want her to settle like a good girl in the crate and sleep! Now I bet she'll complain if I try to put her back by herself, even though she's been perfectly content all day. I knew they bounce back fast, but I have to admit I didn't expect to see bounce this fast. :roll: :roll:

Sorry Lisa, I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it :lol: I know that when Charlie is groggy from anaesthetic, Maxx always has to go and be with him and sniff round him. It's just that they like to check up on each other :flwr:

You go Amber, sing your heart out baby - stuff the neighbours, Mamma can face them later :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ended up letting them sleep together. It is a pretty big crate and I covered the whole thing in soft squishy stuff, thinking that they would probably take half each. Nah uh, I came down to let them out and they were curled together like a celtic border and neither even looked at me. I checked the wound and it is fine- nice and tight and clean.

Right now Amber is curled in the resurrected basket chewing blissfully on her beef flavoured rawhide strip. She seems fine in herself, but possibly more uncomfortable now the pain relief has worn off, but she has only given the occassional squeak. At this point Holly whimpered constantly.

So glad Amber has recovered so quickly and so well. Oakley sends his girl big :hug: s ( as do me and Merlin) ;)

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Awww bless her, I'll bet Holly just wanted to be a loving big sister and look after her :lotsaluv:

Um, not really. Jump on top of her is more likely....which is why they're only left unsupervised in the crate right now. Neither will try to play in there and they'll just cuddle up and sleep. :D Which has the added advantage of keeping Amber warm so I don't need to turn the gas on.

I'm sure Amber is very grateful for the good wishes, Kirsty! :lol:

Back