• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another dog food question 2!!

jojow

Hello.
As right now I have limited access to a computer so I have missed alot of posts concerning my question with my dogs coat, food etc. I was pretty disappointed when I finally got a chance to come back and read all the great information that was given to me only to see that my thread had been closed due to some people and there well meaning advice.

Assumpions were made as to WHY I chose Diamond dog food over the many others that are on the market. As we all know the cost of everything has risen except our paychecks. I feed 5 dogs and have had to cut costs and one area was dog food. Saggas coat problems started way before switching to Diamond. Trying to accomodate 5 dogs on one dog food is hard enough. Then throw in the fact that cost is now a factor just makes it even more difficult. Eventually what will happen once I DO FIND a dog food that works for Sagga is to buy one brand for him and him alone and something different for my other dogs. Whew this stinks to have to justify my choice of dog foods and why.

Back to the matter at hand. I did go back to the Vet and asked him about thyroid with no real answer. There biggest answer was "Michigan State" at this point that is out of the question!! So I may have to find a new Vet and get a second opinion. I did purchace a quality shampoo and conditioner for the outside and a flax seed oil mixed with a scrambled egg each day but now we are back to the diahrea issue. So for now I think that I will have to just wait a few weeks and see if things even out with his insides.

I do now have a few other dog food choices to work with and to try in the future. I am still bummed that MY thread was closed and I did not even get a chance to respond to any of the advice that was given to me.

There will always be one person in the crowd that will have a different opinion that the rest but that is what makes us all individuals. I can accept that but in the end all I was looking for was some friendly helpful advice from other dog owners that may have encountered some of the same

Oh when was that -- must have been some years back? -- and must have been posted under another user name? If a thread was closed it was most likely because comments had become personal and targeted, in which case closing a thread to further comments is the usual approach of most moderators on most forums. That isn;t to prevent discussion of a topic but just to halt an increasingly volatile discussion.

Back