• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone see 'Fat Pets' on TV3 last night?

Dublin

I couldn't believe how fat some people let their pets get - the worst was Bow the rottie who was over 14 stones:eek: (about the same as her owner!). But the poor little Cav just made me feel so sad. I really hope his owner keeps up the training & he looses more weight (for those that didn't see it - he weighed 18kgs!!!:eek:)

I seen some of this programme,he was big..did you see his face when the bickies went in the bin?! Poor little(big) man!

i have it record and i am going to watch it this evening!!! my bax is fat and i walk him and watch what i feed him but he is no where near the size of that dog and i defo would not let it get to that!!

Wallace

I saw this last night, felt so sorry for all over weight pets.
Poor Wallace was not happy when the treats went into the bin.His face was priceless.
Thankfully the little(big man) had lost a few pounds by the end of the show.:paw:

I found it absolutely shocking!
The needless sufferings of those poor animals:eek:
The cav was 18 Kg after his diet and he had a heart murmur,but it was horrendous seeing the rottie undergo 1200 pounds worth of ligament surgery because his hind leg ligaments ruptured under the weight of his body.(68 kg)It's just gross negligence and the vet should have just put him to sleep and end his suffering,that awful woman who owned him kept stuffing his face behind her husband's back and then just batted her eyelids and singgered like a child caught with her hand in the cookie jar.
The poor cav actually looked like a mini St Bernard though, the dog trainer annoyed me a bit by calling him a King charles:rolleyes:
Sins

It was the Rotti that upset me the most (the female one - Bow) if I was that groomer that the woman took her to I would have called the RSPCA onto her, inface the RSPCA probably should have been called in to all of them - the poor cat too, although he was doing wuite well by the end of the program.

I wonder if this is the same show I watched the other day in the US. The groomer was telling the female rottie's owner that it was disgusting how huge she was and she was killing her? and the cavalier kept getting fed cake? It made me ill to see how that lady didn't care about the health of her rottie.

Back