• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

are car seats good for dogs? safe?

ruby2

are car seats ok for dogs? are they safe? i have seen some on the internet that can be used with a seat belt but dont have a hook then to attach to the dog which isnt much good...can anyone recommend a good one that would have the dog secure in the front seat or is it just a no no anyway.......should they just be in a crate or not brought at all. Would they be safe for us and the dog to have the car seat whereby you put the seat belt through it and attach the dog then from the seat belt to their harness????

if they are good could anyone recommend where i could buy please?

if they are not safe then i just wont bring ruby only when i have to, to go to the vet or something in a crate.:lotsaluv:

The front seat is never the place for your dog if you have a car made within the last 10 years or so as they almost all have passenger side airbags. An airbag will crush your dog, just as it would crush an infant -- that is why small children aren't supposed to ever be sitting in the front passenger seat -- they can be killed.

None of those dog car seats are safety tested.

The safest way to transport your dog is in a crate or on a harness clipped to the seatbelt in the back seat.

Back