• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Attended first ever dog show - as a spectator

mrsfarmer

On Sat I attended my first dog show - All Breed Show. It was fantastic! I loved seeing all the breeds in person. Beautiful dogs! I had Armani with me since he got his eyes checked at the eye clinic. He was so well behaved, so proud of him! :rah:

I can't wait to go to another show. I can see how people get hooked on it. :luv:

A very nice lady & daughter sat down by me and explained what was going on. Her daughter was entering Max, almost Armani's twin with the smudge on the opposite side of his face.
DSCN0008.jpg

Here's some of the Cavaliers entered. I really liked the black/tan.
DSCN0019.jpg

The Chinese Crested were in the same ring before the cavaliers. Alot of hairless and a few with long dark hair. Then there was this one, very pretty I thought.
DSCN0012.jpg

I forgot to add, that this was the first time I had seen OTHER cavaliers since getting Armani over 8 months ago. I was excited just for that! I don't know anyone close by to me that has cavaliers. It was funny seeing other tris who looked so much like Armani does.

We went to our first show looking for info on Cavaliers and that is where we met our breeder, at the Eukanuba Nationals in Long Beach California. We have gone twice and it is a wonderful experience. This thing is HUGE and televised on Animal Planet every year. It is so much fun seeing not only the beautiful Cavaliers but many, many other impeccably groomed and well behaved dogs from the tiniest Chihuahas to huge Wolfhounds and such.

My favorite part of this show is the "Meet the Breed" booths on the 2nd level of the convention center. Each club is represented and the owners/breeders are there to answer questions about their lovely dogs. The Cavalier Club of Southern California had all four colors represented, and they sat there like royalty with their owners dressed in beautiful reproduction English royal gowns and hats.

So glad you enjoyed the show so much!! I usually try to attend any all-breed or Cavalier show in my area whenever I can.

Back