• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Calender.... (help)

merlinsmum

has anyone used any uk printers before. Ashley used Shutterfly last year and I'm not sure if to go with them again because of the costs from shipping.

I hope to find someone to print the calenders this week so I will set up the threads this week. I was thinking of putting the polls up at the end of the month, then give a week or two for polling so the they will be ready to get printed 1st week in October, hopefully I will get them back in two weeks so that give us a good 6 weeks before Christmas to distribute.

I googled around and this is recommended by a couple of people on one thread about creating calendars:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/

They say, excellent quality and service. I see they have lots of awards as well.

That said, it is still a lot. I'd contact them directly about a bulk order as they should give better discounts that on just 20. However because of the way printing is done, it may cost a lot less to work through a proper four-colour printer but you'd want to see the quality first. I would be interested in ordering a fair number to sell from the site because it is a good fundraiser item and more people ALWAYS want the calendar. :) If you know anyone in graphic design they'd probably know printers. I can check with contacts here as well.

Okay, I think I got somewhere :) I found this place and I am looking this site
http://www.digpics.co.uk/acatalog/Basic_Products.html

Now they have two options 1 which the has the 13 sheets - this if I order 100 is £4.61 per calender and the postage would be 65p for each calender posted in the UK as they are 185grams each. ( I thiink this is better value as the postage hardly makes a difference)

The other option is seven sheets - this if I order 100 is £3.87 per calender so I assume these would weigh about half the weight so would still be 65p per calender postage in UK

Postage to europe would be £1.55 per calender
Postage to rest of the world £2.62 per calender.

So cost would be
£5.26 for one calender to be posted in the UK
£7.23 for one calender to be posted to US

My suggestion is that £10 is charged per Calender, this means for every UK calender £4.74 can go to Karlin ( so if all 100 went to UK that would be £474
or if all went to US for example proceeds would be £277)

Does the quality look good enough? Please let me know your throughts

Those look good. If my calcs are correct.....that would be about $20.00. That's fine by me!

That looks like a decent printer. Would they send you a sample calendar or a single page so you can check the weight, print quality and so on? I'd also probably order some of these to sell so that would boost the order. For example would likely take 50-100 on top of that order... to sell through the site. Would have them ship that portion of the order to me and arrange that or alternatively depending on when you want to have this done I might have it shipped to collect at end of Octobr for the Rugby SM conference when I can collect it in the UK. But that means orders would need to be done in the next two weeks or so.

It would be good to have this by end of October though so everyone can get their calendar before the holidays.

I really appreciate all the effort people put into this project, last year and this year. This is money that went directly to helping a number of ex-puppy farm dogs this year that I couldn't have helped otherwise.

That looks like a decent printer. Would they send you a sample calendar or a single page so you can check the weight, print quality and so on? I'd also probably order some of these to sell so that would boost the order. For example would likely take 50-100 on top of that order... to sell through the site. Would have them ship that portion of the order to me and arrange that or alternatively depending on when you want to have this done I might have it shipped to collect at end of Octobr for the Rugby SM conference when I can collect it in the UK. But that means orders would need to be done in the next two weeks or so.

It would be good to have this by end of October though so everyone can get their calendar before the holidays.

I really appreciate all the effort people put into this project, last year and this year. This is money that went directly to helping a number of ex-puppy farm dogs this year that I couldn't have helped otherwise.

They will send me a proof before printing.

Karlin where is the Rugby SM conference? It takes 12 days for the calenders to arrive so not sure if we would have them in time anyway.... depends on the postings - if everyone is quick enough I'll put the polls up sooner. If that happened I could bring the calenders to you.

Last year I used Ofoto (Kodak) for my calander printing of me and my bothers, they came out really nice. Although don't know about their prices for bulk orders. Tesco's also do a service now too.

The Rugby conference is in Rugby :lol: -- very last week in October.

Before I consider using them I'd still ask for them to send you a single page example of a calendar page so you can see general print quality and paper weight, size etc.

I am sure we can arrange for part of the order to be shipped to Ireland and I will cover postage costs of course -- if you are contacting them maybe please ask what shipping would be to send 50 and to send 100 calendars to Ireland?

Th problem with online personal services like Shutterfly and Ofoto is they really give you no price break for ordering lots of calendars, so they can remain quite expensive if you are trying to sell the items rather than just make them for yourself.

One other thing to consider is that there is the option to vary some months by using say two small horizontal pics and one large vertical pic so that you can use more than one image when there are several people really like -- though I don't know how they set them up and what sort of variations they can make.

For example like this:

modern_1_20070807.jpg

I can highly recommend photobox, have had several items from them and very impressed with their print quality.

Back