• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dear Friends

Moviedust

Hi, all! It's been a while since I've been to the boards. I haven't even been able to visit and keep up with everyone's lives! I do hope you are all doing well!

Life here has been pretty hectic. Last I was on the boards, I was trying to figure out what was going to happen with our foster, Bella. We'd had her since June, and her transport to her adoptive home wasn't working out. We waited months, and then her new family decided it wasn't going to work. We started looking again for a new home, but we eventually decided that Bella wasn't looking any more. She was home already.

Yep, we adopted her, bringing our total of dogs to 4! It has been a challenge to care for 4 cavaliers, but the extra love can't be a bad thing. Bella is a great little dog, but she still has her quirks. While she's active, energetic and playful at home, the minute we go some place new she turns into an anxious, shy puddle. We're working on building her confidence by exposing her to new people and dogs. She tagged along with Holly and me to Holly's agility classes, and then just recently Bella started attending obedience classes. She's not able to learn obedience in classes yet, but she is learning socialization. We consider it a successful class if she will sit a few feet away from a larger dog and if she'll walk with me with other dogs nearby.

The other girls -- Cedar, Willow, and Holly -- are doing fine. Holly is still... well, Holly. She is still exasperating at times, but we love her. Willow, who turns four in a few months!, is still the BEST dog ever. She helps balance out for Holly! Cedar is still keeping everyone in line. She's the rock for our entire family -- human's included. She knows when she's needed by anyone, and never turns any of us away.

For the next couple of weeks, we are adding two doggie-friends to our household. Our friends had to go to Canada for a family emergency, so we offered to care for their golden and dachshund. While good dogs (they are a bit older 5-7 years), they are not exactly well-trained. It's quite something to try to manage the whole crew of 6 dogs when the two biggest are a bit unruly, one is nervous of the size of the unruly ones, and the smallest, 9-pound Holly thinks she needs to stress to the golden what does NOT belong to her.

Anyway, here's a picture of the girls from Christmas.
thegirlschristmas.jpg

They are all beautiful!!!! 4 is work. We added our 3rd in November and our 4th 8 days ago. It is definitely work but worth it. I love it.

Im sure Bella will grow in confidence in your loveing home:)
She is very lucky to get to sttay with you(y)

What a wonderful story with a happy ending! You will teach Bella much and she will teach you. They all definitely have their own personalities, don't they?!?

Back