• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Days of Summer in Aid of Irish Cavalier Rescue

Mimi

Hi everyone ,
I'm doing a Portrait Promotion at my Studio in Kilkenny to raise funds for Irish Cavalier Rescue . Rua , my rescue is the Cover Boy for the promotion . We want to thank Karlin for all her work in rescuing Cavaliers .We hope to raise lots of much needed funds to help more Cavaliers find their forever home .
Nifa is pretty in pink , and the little boy in blue is a client called Bob .
Maria
2631643967_536518b086_o.jpg

2631643969_3d39a3672c_o.jpg

2631643973_295f21a169_o.jpg

Last edited:
Maria, this is just fantastically generous. b*n*n*

Folks, you can see what a great photographer she is too! From many areas of the country, Kilkenny's a lovely drive and day out to go get some doggy pictures done. And you don't even have to have a cavalier to have portraits done. :lol:

Rua is a very special dog. He had been badly mistreated -- locked in a garage most of the time and repeatedly kicked all around the garden in order to 'teach him' to be submissive to his owner, who only got him in order to breed him. A board member convinced him that she had a friend who would buy him and got him swiftly into rescue -- dropped to me, then I drove him down to a foster, who drove him to Maria, who had always wanted a ruby. You can see what a little imp he is! His tail never stopped wagging even after all he had been through.

There are many such rescue stories that quietly happen off the board and behind the scenes (often because for the dogs' safety I cannot post about them at the time) and I am grateful to the kind people who help get these dogs out of bad situations, to the emergency fosters and to those who give them a permanent home, opening their hearts and houses to them (and generally the sofa, the bed, and the treat jar!).

Maria did a marvelous Christmas card featuring all her doggy gang too!

Oh what lovely pics.
That is a brilliant idea and such a worthy cause.
Gonna go book my session :blabla:

Oh that's really lovely of you, what a generous and wonderful thing to do. :flwr::flwr::flwr:

I hope it's very successful.

Rua looks fabulous now, something very special about the Rubies LOL and he is obviously so grateful to have a lovely home after everything he went through.

I wish I could come over there loverly photos
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Wow, Rua is beautiful and what a great idea....I got portraits done of my two last year, but since then I've added a third ;), a little ruby rescue aswell :luv:, and I would love to get some new pictures done :D

I want to go down for a photo session so maybe some of us can coordinate a day and also get a recommendation for a place to take the dogs for a walk after as it is light out til so late in midsummer!

I want to go down for a photo session so maybe some of us can coordinate a day and also get a recommendation for a place to take the dogs for a walk after as it is light out til so late in midsummer!

Karlin, Great idea (y)for a cavalier trip to Kilkenny:dogwlk::drivecar:

Hi ,
Lots of people have been asking what Portrait packages we have available for Dog Days of Summer so I have loaded them here . I also have included a photograph of completed Portraits .
"A little about the Artist , Maria is a qualified member of the Irish Professional Photographers Association . She holds the qualification of LIPPA Cr. and has been awarded over 90 awards for Excellence in her Photography . Her Passion is Baby Portraiture . Her love of her own Cavalier King Charles Dogs , has inspired her to create her Pet Portrait collection . "
If anyone has any questions please pm me .
Mimi
2658582713_d491e7726e_o.jpg

2658582725_ebd07bf767_o.jpg

2659423934_aa9bc61bd3.jpg

After requests from Clients for Saturday appointments , we have now opened up Saturday 26th July from 2pm for Dog Days .
We had 7 beautiful doggies in yesterday , including Shelli's adorable Ollie . I also had an 11 week old blenheim called Pinchy . Others were Tasha a 4 year old puppy farm rescue Westie
a Schnauzer called Archie , Westie called Robbie , and 10 and 11 year old brother and sister Sam ( Malteese ) and Rags (Terrier) .
Mimi

Back